Southampton Hotels

Dinglebert

This year, well last week really, we staying in the Doubletree in Southampton the night before our cruise. The hotel was chosen simply because I had enough Hilton points to get it for free. Hilton points now all gone so looking for next years cruise. I did notice a Holiday Inn next to the docks which was easily walkable to the shopping centre/cinema so that is a definite possible for next year. Prices seem a bit average as we will need two rooms. My questions

Have not used Holiday Inn before. Do they do "offers" or "discounts" and if so how often.

Anywhere other options nearby instead of the Holiday Inn. Hilton was OK but just a bit boring as miles for anywhere.

Many thanks

Holiday Inn next to City Terminal usually offers B&B/dinner/15 day parking , but so do others. It's handy for town; Novotel/Ibis also offer parking.

I've heard good things about the new hotel in Ocean Village...

And Grand Harbour, across the way from HI is popular.

Yes, both of the Hilton properties in Southampton are on the outskirts - a bit remote from even local amenities.

Ditto the two Hol Inn Express's.

No fun without a car.

Will you be travelling by car?

And needing cruise-long parking?

Here's a précis of the city centre hotels, with a little location map at the bottom of the page.

https://www.londontoolkit.com/travel/southampton_accommodation.htm

All are easy walking from city centre shops, restaurants, pubs etc, and no worse than a £10 taxi ride from any cruise terminal.

Hol Inn is particularly popular with those cruising out of City Cruise Terminal because it's right by the port gate and equally convenient to West Quay Mall, the high street shops, and the sights & pubs of the walled city.

Equally popular with cruisers is Premier Inn West Quay - as Bloodgem's post, it has no parking, other than a drop-off/registration area. But the West Quay Mall multi-storey is behind it, and I think hotel guests have overnite parking there for about a fiver. But of course no good for cruise parking.

JB :)

If you want somewhere a bit different, try The Pig in the Wall. Boutique B and B, part of a small local chain. The Grand Harbour is tatty but convenient, and the new Ocean Village place has great reviews - but prices are steep.