Regal Princess Stateroom Question

beach lover 2

We have just booked a 14 day cruise in February on the Regal Princess. We have sailed with Princess before and wanted to find out if we booked the right cabin.

We booked Cabin B733 on the BAJA Deck. Has anyone sailed in this stateroom before, and if so did you like the cabin.

Thank You.

We have just booked a 14 day cruise in February on the Regal Princess. We have sailed with Princess before and wanted to find out if we booked the right cabin.

We booked Cabin B733 on the BAJA Deck. Has anyone sailed in this stateroom before, and if so did you like the cabin.

Thank You.

I promise you, that cabin hasn't sailed empty since the ship launched.

It's a totally normal Deluxe Balcony cabin, meaning slightly larger than regular balcony, small loveseat sofa sitting area, normal bathroom, closet, etc. Totally covered balcony. Should be quite quiet in that area. Be prepared for some long walks to get elsewhere on the ship - theater, Atrium, etc. Looks just like the pictures online.

Did you have specific questions?

I would suggest spending a little more and getting a more center cabin. For 2 weeks you really are a long way. Or save some money and get an obstructed deluxe balcony. Not great views for the cabins left but the balconies on the Regal are SMALL so not sure how much time you would spend out there. Here's the link to cabin pix on Deck 8.

https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/home/8-emerald

Agree with Patrickmoran, I also much prefer mid ship or forward on Regal or Royal. If you are going to the piazza, dining rooms, theater, exiting the ship, etc. using the back elevators you have to get off the 7th floor and walk across. Floors below 7 in the back are the traditional dining room. Just personal Preference but you asked!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank You.

We also recently booked the Regal for the Caribbean in February 2019, this will be our fourth time on the ship. Coming from the PNW in the winter, we have been in balconies in the front, aft and middle. We honestly can say, we not been disappointed in any of our cabins. Two of the four were assigned, of course we never have objected to a little walk after meals, for a little exercise ;p You have a nice cabin, no regrets to be found:cool:

I am with those who might not prefer to be that last cabin to the back of the ship.

But, if that location is okay with you, then it should be fine.

It is a Deluxe Balcony... Non-adjoining... sleeps only two, with a possible third (on the pull-out?)

It does have the little inset at the doorway, that not all cabins have, which I assume cuts down a few inches of area??? But, I don't know how that affects the actual inside of the cabin

I pulled up pictures on a web-site that has additional info. Looks like every other cabin...

I can be directionally challenged!!! Hahahaha!!! But appears that the bed is forward-facing, with the headboard against the AFT wall.

Hope this helps!

Be prepared for some long walks to get elsewhere on the ship - theater, Atrium, etc.

I find that if I am in a forward cabin, mid-ship cabin or aft cabin the walking averages out to to be the same.

If I am in a forward cabin I am near the theater and spa, but far from the buffet and the deck 7 aft lounge.

If I am in a mid-ship cabin I am about halfway to the theater and spa, buffet and deck 7 aft lounge.

If I am in an aft cabin, I am far from the theater and spa, but close to the buffet and the deck 7 aft lounge.

So overall, it makes no difference as far as amount of walking is concerned.

Since most dining venues are AFT, or mid-ship specialty restaurants, the one good thing about a further aft cabin is walking to supper and back in heels!!!!

I am not sure about tte Regal, but the feel of the ride can also make a difference. On some ships I think you can get the sensation and vibrations from the engines/propellers in Aft cabins.

Of course those backward facing Wake-View balconies are another topic!!!!

Many thanks for your reviews. My husband and I seem to like to Aft Balcony Cabins, have also had cabins in other areas on the ships. I tell myself the long walks will be good for us. Have not sailed on Princess recently and we are looking forward to our February cruise. We have always enjoyed the Princess ships we have sailed on.

Again, I certainly appreciate your opinions.