Trade Sip & Sail for OBC

LazyMary

Thinking about trading in Sip and Sail for OBC. Does anyone know how much OBC will be given.

We just returned from Alaska and had Sip and Sail, maybe we had an average of 4 drinks a day between the two of us. We are sailing again in September and have the Sip and Sail . Any opinions will be appreciated.

When did you book? Under the current Sip + Sail, or when it was offered last year (2017)?

The current Sip + Sail no longer has the option to substitute OBC for the PBP.

But the 2017 Terms & Conditions did offer a small amount in lieu of the then-AIBP.

Just call your TA (or Princess if booked directly) and ask. Though it may not be changeable after final payment. As noted above you may want to ask about a re-fare instead.

Since you are referring to a cruise this Sept, you booked it last year under that sip and sail program. You may be able to trade it for OBC, the amount you receive depends on the length of the cruise. You should contact your TA or Princess for the actual confirmation

You obviously had to have booked under the last Sip and Sail promo. Here is the relevant text from that offer:

In the event that the guest does not want the beverage package, alternative OBC amounts have been designated. Guests booking sailings 6-9 days can receive $150 per person. Guests booking sailings 10-12 days can receive $200 per person. Guests booking sailings 13 or more days can receive $250 per person.

I just booked a couple of cruises that could have been booked under next year’s sip and sail rates. One agent wouldn’t give me any pricing for the sailing under other promos but most will. So, I hung up and called back. On a 10 night sailing for next October, I put down a nonrefundable deposit but saved over $1000. I know my bro bill won’t be that highland am positive I want to sail on that itinerary so I booked it.

Now, if you’re on the sip and sail for this year and would rather have cold hard cash, I think you are out of luck.

We recently booked a cruise under the Sip and Sail. My sister, who drinks one diet coke per day is sailing with us in a cabin by herself. Since she doesn't drink and is paying double for the cabin, I checked with my travel agent. He got her a significantly reduced fare although her deposit is non-refundable. She was willing to gamble that we won't cancel so she saved a bundle.

Substituting OBC will likely change based on length of cruise. May be a better deal for some.

Switching to a lower fare with out S&S with a non-refundable deposit takes away some options to change to a future promo.

Whatever gets you to the high seas that you are good with is a win.[emoji6]

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Forums mobile app

I just booked in the last week for a 10 day cruise in October 2019. I got a quote with the Sip 'n Sail promo. Then I asked for a quote without the promo and got a price for two that was $700 less. We took the price without the Sip 'n Sail because my husband doesn't drink at all and I just drink wine. We'll take a few bottles onboard with us and swap out our Elite minibar setup for coffee cards. Easy decision for us given our preferences.

I just booked in the last week for a 10 day cruise in October 2019. I got a quote with the Sip 'n Sail promo. Then I asked for a quote without the promo and got a price for two that was $700 less. We took the price without the Sip 'n Sail because my husband doesn't drink at all and I just drink wine. We'll take a few bottles onboard with us and swap out our Elite minibar setup for coffee cards. Easy decision for us given our preferences.

Smart ....I'll try that next time...Thanks