Cruising to Bermuda Gay-friendly?

Pete's Girl

Hello out there!! My wife and I are cruising to Bermuda on the Escape next month and I was wondering if anyone had any insight about the island and how gay friendly it is/isn't. I've heard alternative lifestyles are generally frowned upon there, but I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with that...good and bad...that they'd like to share. We're a pretty conservative open couple...ie holding hands, etc and I'm wondering if this is a place we should refrain from doing so.

Thanks in advance!!!

Well the same sex marriage issue there is depressing. Otherwise we were there on a Princess crossing in April and felt no negative vibes. Have been there twice before with no issues. Once in April, 2017 we were one of 2 gay couples on a private tour and went all over with no issues. Still the step back from marriage equality is stupid and against the tide of history.

Hi! My husband and I have been there last year. We are not heavy on PDA, but it shows that we're a couple and we didn't run into any problems. Be generally careful, as you would be in any city you don't know, and you will be fine.

Enjoy, beauches are beautiful!

Hubby and I have cruised to Bermuda 4X and flew and stayed once. We love the place! We've never had any issues or problems....ever! And as an aside, a week's cruise to Bermuda still gives you 3-4 days on the island for about 1/2 the price of a week's fly/stay.