BOGO+1 Happy Hour

TriumphGuy

Back in March passengers who were unhappy about the elimination of BOGO$1 received this form letter reply:

Happy Hour is in the process of being phased out across the fleet while we develop new programs and promotions for your enjoyment”.

If that were true they should have developed new programs and promotions before canceling Happy Hour. We’ve been waiting over 4 months for such things so apparently Princess does not have any replacements for our enjoyment. :rolleyes:

Many are sad about the demise of the bogo. We are not. I wrote to Princess and told them we found the event disruptive as it seemed many attendees were out of control and obnoxious. My response from them was that they had received many similar comments, from those who do not prefer the atmosphere this promotion sometimes creates. Many of the bartenders expressed to us how rude and unruly SOME of the patrons were. Thanks againt to the minority that ruins it for the rest

Many are sad about the demise of the bogo. We are not. I wrote to Princess and told them we found the event disruptive as it seemed many attendees were out of control and obnoxious. My response from them was that they had received many similar comments, from those who do not prefer the atmosphere this promotion sometimes creates. Many of the bartenders expressed to us how rude and unruly SOME of the patrons were. Thanks againt to the minority that ruins it for the rest

Thankfully I’ve never experienced rowdy drunks & it’s sad that could be a factor for canceling HH. :(

As you wrote, some people ruin things for the majority of responsible passengers. Another factor I’ve read about was too many stocking their cabins with nearly half price beer, soda & splits of wine/champagne.

I’d prefer to have Princess explain the real reason why it was eliminated instead of making unfulfilled promises to add new things for passengers enjoyment.

I agree. However, there are always more vocal complainers, and corporate tries to keep everyone happy. When the abusers "stock their cabins" with $1 bogo items, it decreases sales over the cruise, which is bad for subsequent sales, not to mention the added stress on their staff. I don't doubt they will add new promotions that enhance "passenger enjoyment", but not at the expense of otherwise profitable guests.

Wow, we haven't experienced that at all. Perhaps it's because we do longer cruises which seems to attract an older crowd? We would meet a group in the Wheelhouse Bar, enjoy a couple drinks and socialize. Absolute zero rowdiness witnessed.

It is a shame that a few ruin it for others.

Let me guess: you were also the kid who raised his hand to remind the teacher she forgot to assign homework? Also, your last sentence reeks of irony. By complaining to Princess, you were the minority who ruined it for everyone else.

No, I simply voiced my opinion, which all of you are welcome to do. I didn't raise my hand, btw, but I did do my homework. I enjoyed the bogo for the most part, but ran into a few out of groups that made it tough to enjoy the gathering. The crew encouraged me to voice my observations, and I did. Sorry you are offended.

No, I simply voiced my opinion, which all of you are welcome to do. I didn't raise my hand, btw, but I did do my homework. I enjoyed the bogo for the most part, but ran into a few out of groups that made it tough to enjoy the gathering. The crew encouraged me to voice my observations, and I did. Sorry you are offended.

Sorry to hear that this was happening from time to time. We, fortunately, never experienced that level of rowdiness. The only time that we noticed any disruption on a Princess ship was during a spring break cruise in the Caribbean on the Ruby. Kind of reminded us of a Carnival cruise. Anyway, sorry to hear that the deal has gone away.

Have to agree that it did become disruptive.

We had the All Included Beverage Package so were just going to Wheelhouse to listen to the live band. No Way! It was a total zoo in there. :(

My wife would tend to gravitate towards the more livelier bars when on board ships and we also tend to have the PBP/AIBP, but we would always avoid the Wheelehouse bar during BOGO as it was always absolute pandemonium in there! ;)

Have to agree that it did become disruptive.

We had the All Included Beverage Package so were just going to Wheelhouse to listen to the live band. No Way! It was a total zoo in there. :(

I'm thinking/wondering if the AIBP also encourages over imbibing and rowdy behavior. If BOGO is an incentive to over drink, and it is only an hour long and still is money out of pocket, then think what a 24 hour comped AIBP encourages. And why should it bother other pax if someone takes their unused drinks back to their cabin? Seems pretty petty.

It seems that those who don't like the BOGO hour could go to another venue for that one hour rather than complain and ruin it for those who enjoy it. We don't care for formal night but rather than complain to Princess to get it cancelled we just eat somewhere else so those who like it can still enjoy it. Problem solved. Opinion expressed.

I agree. However, there are always more vocal complainers, and corporate tries to keep everyone happy. When the abusers "stock their cabins" with $1 bogo items, it decreases sales over the cruise, which is bad for subsequent sales, not to mention the added stress on their staff. I don't doubt they will add new promotions that enhance "passenger enjoyment", but not at the expense of otherwise profitable guests.

We have never seen any disruptions just crowded bar areas with people taking advantage of the promotion.

I wish they would tell us the real reason for this change and if they are going to have a new program time to start it already.

Well, I don’t think they cancelled it for financial reasons. Even selling the second drink for a dollar, when you combine the cost of two drinks and divide by two they are still making a fortune especially the cocktails.

The wheelhouse is pretty empty these days so they are getting 100% of nothing. BTW I never witnessed any disruptive or bad behaviour. Noisy yes but bad behaviour no.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No need to apologize at all. Your original statement was entirely justified, and the pointless comment you responded to was quite uncalled for.

I'm thinking/wondering if the AIBP also encourages over imbibing and rowdy behavior. If BOGO is an incentive to over drink, and it is only an hour long and still is money out of pocket, then think what a 24 hour comped AIBP encourages. And why should it bother other pax if someone takes their unused drinks back to their cabin? Seems pretty petty.

It seems that those who don't like the BOGO hour could go to another venue for that one hour rather than complain and ruin it for those who enjoy it. We don't care for formal night but rather than complain to Princess to get it cancelled we just eat somewhere else so those who like it can still enjoy it. Problem solved. Opinion expressed.

I agree wholeheartedly! And I think the cruise line will eventually regret eliminating it. The BOGO was good for the cruisers, good for the bartenders getting more tips, and it brought in money for the ship. Princess certainly wasn't loosing money on the deal. I hope they will eventually reconsider the decision. Anyone purchasing the AIBP will be much more likely to cause problems than those that choose to have a couple of drinks during the short duration of the BOGO. .