Singapore hotel suggestions

Isklaar

I simply cannot get past the prison like atmosphere of the lobby at the MO no matter who nice the Club floor may be.

In its class it's likely the most unattractive hotel lobby I've ever seen. Imagine having to work in it!

FYI I have just done an about face regarding the hotel we selected for our one night in Singapore after our cruise in January. Earlier this year we and friends stayed in Club rooms at the Mandarin Oriental. It was our first time back there in 10 years and we liked the central location for the activities we had planned. I thought the rooms were just okay and yes, the lobby was dark and unwelcoming but it is not as though we spent much time there so that was a non issue. We loved that the Club served Ruinart champagne but found the cocktail seating there quite limited. So this time we thought we would consider the Ritz next door. But my normal hotel preferences lean toward boutique hotels with some intimate charm, character and personalized service so I started researching what Singapore had to offer that fit the bill. I stumbled upon the Hotel Fort Canning. Still a five star property, though no doubt not as luxurious as some of the other contenders mentioned here, it seems to tick all of he right boxes. And as we had planned to visit Fort Canning anyway on this visit it made even more sense. Then I made the “mistake” of mentioning to my DH that the building once housed the British Far East Command and there was no going back. I realize the location is not as prime as others but we don’t mind walking and we are only there for one night. As to the lack of water views, well we will have just enjoyed 36 days and nights of water views on Seabourn. In any event post stay I will report back on our impressions in case it is on the short list of others with an upcoming,omg Singapore stay

Sent from my iPad using Forums

FYI I have just done an about face regarding the hotel we selected for our one night in Singapore after our cruise in January. Earlier this year we and friends stayed in Club rooms at the Mandarin Oriental. It was our first time back there in 10 years and we liked the central location for the activities we had planned. I thought the rooms were just okay and yes, the lobby was dark and unwelcoming but it is not as though we spent much time there so that was a non issue. We loved that the Club served Ruinart champagne but found the cocktail seating there quite limited. So this time we thought we would consider the Ritz next door. But my normal hotel preferences lean toward boutique hotels with some intimate charm, character and personalized service so I started researching what Singapore had to offer that fit the bill. I stumbled upon the Hotel Fort Canning. Still a five star property, though no doubt not as luxurious as some of the other contenders mentioned here, it seems to tick all of he right boxes. And as we had planned to visit Fort Canning anyway on this visit it made even more sense. Then I made the “mistake” of mentioning to my DH that the building once housed the British Far East Command and there was no going back. I realize the location is not as prime as others but we don’t mind walking and we are only there for one night. As to the lack of water views, well we will have just enjoyed 36 days and nights of water views on Seabourn. In any event post stay I will report back on our impressions in case it is on the short list of others with an upcoming,omg Singapore stay

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Your trip is after mine but I'll be interested to know how you get on at this hotel.