Pre-paid Gratuities, so do I tip room service?

ChrissieCee

I’m on Celebrity Solstice NZ/Pacific cruise in March, and the gratuities are pre-paid.

My question is, will the staff know it is pre-paid, and therefore not expect tips (except for exceptional service, and I would probably still do something for my steward at the end)? I am thinking in particular of room service. I don’t want the service to suffer because they think I am not tipping, but I don’t want to be double tipping the whole time.

As a NZer, the whole tipping thing is foreign to me anyway. What do others do, and what currency do they use?

the daily charges do not include room service deliveries.. so yes you would tip a buck or 2 per delivery.

Citation needed. It's a safe assumption but I haven't seen a cruise line say this.

See post #13 on this thread — where I quote Celebtity’s advice concerning room service. I have seen comparable information on HAL’s and Princess’ “know before you go” sites.

Of course, no line will state definitvely that tips are required because tips, by definition, cannot be required.

We prefer to be generous instead of stingy so we always tip for room service. It's only a couple of dollars or so and we certainly can afford it (if we can afford to be on the cruise, we can afford these few extra dollars). The people delivering always appreciate the generosity.

I a gree I know such tipping is optional and it is my option is TO TIP. . I hope I am always able to share those few dollars to thank somwon who provides me with such nice service and does so with a smile.