Ballroom dancing

bingham

Dancing - yes; ballroom dancing - not really.

The club has a dance floor and it is used regularly, sometimes more than others, but it is probably 15-20 ft wide if I was estimating. It is small but it works although not quite ballroom dancing.

I have had dance lesson while on Seabourn. Since my DH did not participate, I was paired with another woman and we had a lot of fun. On one occasion, a talented couple was chosen to give a performance during a regular show. I tend to think dance lessons are offered in most SB cruises...others may chime in.

Dance lessons were offered on the Ovation on our recent cruise--taught by the two professional dancers who perform with the Seabourn Singers. These were usually offered on sea days. We did not take the lessons, but read in the Herald that they were being offered.

• 1 month later...

There is not a good space for ballroom dance. We met a couple who loved to dance and were quite expert, but their only opportunity was down front in the main show room before a show started. And then they were on display as though they were part of the show. Dancing in the club is usually to rock or disco music. For ballroom try Cunard or Crystal.

The 2 professional dancers will offer dance lessons during the cruise, usually an hour at a time a few days during the cruise. Possibly 4 or so sessions on a 2 week cruise.

They will work with the group to determine content. Likely to be quite a small group of very mixed ability. If you're lucky then you could get them all to yourselves or have a small group of experts and enjoy fine tuning.

The dancers on board will probably be from the Ukraine and will be classically trained to a very high standard. They are also lovely people socially as well. We still keep in touch with a number of them from previous cruises.

Henry :)

The dancers on our recent Ovation voyage WERE from the Ukraine and, as Henry says were a delightful couple (engaged or married to each other, I forget which). They were outstanding dancers---and also were the teachers for dance lessons onboard. We did not avail ourselves of the lessons but remember the announcement of the lessons in The Herald--usually on days at sea