New web site design?

jdk-atlga

It's likely they are doing a soft-rollout where random sessions get the new layout. Then they wait for the complaints to come in and make fixes before doing a mass-rollout. At least, that's the way most shops I've worked in do things.

There is now a lot of messing about by the people who are meant to deliver Seabourn information. I do not like the website that was up for a couple of weeks and which disappeared 2 days or so ago in favor of the earlier one.

It seemed to drag you around lots of time wasting plan your cruise questions - as if you don’t know how to answer month/destination/duration in one go. And then there is the boring part: if you want is a 40 day itinerary during a specific month you can only answer “more than 26 days” and then you will ultimately get answers to patch together, whereas the recent site gave you what you wanted. Same about available cabin inventory. Where would that be found on the new and now removed site? Cumbersome comes to mind. If it returns I hope it is simpler, faster and functional; otherwise leave well enough alone!

Also, it seems the “your cruise history” is having problems. It has been inaccurate for some weeks. And now it displays nothing and gives no indication when it will be back.

I often think that whoever approves the changes to websites need to think of themselves as their own customers. You get it right in testing and put it out right and complete or leave it alone. Simplicity and clarity as a package is best.

Happy and healthy sailing!

I still haven't seen this newer version but I have to say during the few years that I've been cruising with Seabourn the website has deteriorated during that time.

It used to be far more intuitive - especially when completing the online guest registration. It's clunky and pardon my language a PITA to use now.

Oh, and did I mention that every single time I login, the login page immediately takes me to....a different login page and I have to enter my username and password again. Have cleared my cache but made no difference.

Isklaar,

If you did not like the website of the past 2 years I bet you will hate the new one. It was there last week, then it disappeared and now it’s returned in its clumsy, rambling glory. Which makes it hard or impossible to find information available only recently on the former site. What in the world is going on in Seattle that would promote/allow such a poor site to go live?

Isklaar,

If you did not like the website of the past 2 years I bet you will hate the new one. It was there last week, then it disappeared and now it’s returned in its clumsy, rambling glory. Which makes it hard or impossible to find information available only recently on the former site. What in the world is going on in Seattle that would promote/allow such a poor site to go live?

Is it there now? I'm tempted to have a look but will need to prepare myself as not sure I have enough mental fortitude to deal with something even worse than the recent one.

I found no redeeming features.

The pages are too wide for the screen - I'm using a Mac.

They managed to get my DOB wrong.

I can't access the registration page. I enter the booking reference and my last name and it says 'Credentials Not Found!'.

I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.

After you pick a particular voyage the confusagator takes over.

On the first page are 4 boxes that look like - pick your suite category – pick one, nothing happens, you have to actually click “view itinerary” – but I am not interested in more information right now. You have to click “view itinerary” to see actually see cabin choices but they don’t tell you that – you have to break the code.

You get to the next page – and yep – doesn’t really have much to do with itinerary but rather is about suites and other information.They could have led you into that before with the non-clickable cabin categories that makes it look like you are picking some thing on the from the lead page.

Now a series of confusing examples of suites and categories– and arrows that you keep sweeping across the screen to the next one etc.

OK so you pick one and there is ‘book now” but wait down at the bottom of the page is another “book now” and more choices – are they related – I don’t know.

Oh, and in case you missed “book now” there is a third one hanging stationary at the top of the page – I think keeping track of your real choice.

Now that you have clicked book now – the familiar “number of guests” page comes up, and then “check out”. Wait what is my suite????? Oh, it defaults all the time to YOUR SUITE IS GUARANTEED. YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR SUITE DETAILS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE each time, in every category.

Suite selection is actually not apparent no defaulted. You have to click “edit suite details” to see what is available and select make your selection. Edit suite details – I want to pick a cabin and look around the decks first – good luck with that one. Then it asks you the two questions – select your own preferred suite or let us select. Why didn’t you let me do that in the first place? Then believe it or not several more clicks to get to what is really available. I stopped at this point.

Utter utter rubbish.

Something good you say? I think the actual itinerary maps are better -better graphics and resolution.

Otherwise utter rubbish – Oh did I repeat myself. Let me say it again. The website is rubbish.

After you pick a particular voyage the confusagator takes over.

On the first page are 4 boxes that look like - pick your suite category – pick one, nothing happens, you have to actually click “view itinerary” – but I am not interested in more information right now. You have to click “view itinerary” to see actually see cabin choices but they don’t tell you that – you have to break the code.

Otherwise utter rubbish – Oh did I repeat myself. Let me say it again. The website is rubbish.

What a mess. I took at a look at the code for those 'suite category' buttons as an example. Most certainly it's SUPPOSED to select the stateroom category you pick, the code is attached to the button, I can see it. However it doesn't actually do anything at all, I can't even find the code it thinks it wants to call. I was even nice and turned off my tracker/adware/malware blocker incase the 'designer' had used one of the third party javascript frameworks my browser blocks, but that made no difference either.

This has the look of a site cobbled together from various public frameworks and probably tested once on Internet Explorer on the developer's test machine. The number of error messages thrown up in the console just loading the thing was mindboggling. But that's website design now, half-assed.

So the intention is to have a decent flow experience with buttons which do what you'd expect, however whichever company actually coded it didn't seem to have a clue what they're doing.

The Australian site doesn't seem to have changed, but boy is it well overdue. Whoever has laid it out has no idea about the type of information a cruiser would be seeking. You can't do a general trawl for new itineraries or even check back to back cruises from an overall cruise calendar. I don't know how many times we have not been able to find our known cruise in the drop down "destinations" categories! Basic stuff.

These days we hunt for our cruises on that large US last minute site - which in our opinion has the best layout of any website - we then ring our agent for a price and don't bother dealing with the Seabourn website until we have to do the online paperwork (and I note we aren't the only ones who share the fun there).

And what is it that onscreen pages won't print these days - are we so focussed on apps that no one sits at a table with a pen and paper working through information anymore? OK, I'll call it. We are clearly over the hill.

I looked an hour or so ago and it's back to the previous site, for now at least.

The pages fit my screen, I can see my reservations and go to guest registration. I still have to login twice though.

I can't see my DOB on that version, it just says that it is held on file. I wonder now how long SB has had the incorrect date.

Still can not pick any preferences, there is a tab and some verbage that says to pick the preferences but then there is nothing to highlight or pick...

So at some point I will call and have them read the list to me and try to pick?? yuk.

I saw your post yesterday and was planning to walk you through it but after looking at the website I knew I couldn't help.

Don't worry too much about your getting your preferences updated if it's only for liquor and pillow selection. Your suite stewardess will be happy to bring your choices at some point during the evening of embark day after she's introduced herself to you.

If you have other special requests for medical reasons then definitely contact SB to arrange so they have enough advance notice.

Website is a shambles and not a good look for new SB cruisers !