luggage tags

carefree lady

Prior to your cruise you will receive a "blue booklet" -- the timing can vary but I've received the booklet up to 3 months in advance, although more often 1-2 months in advance. If you haven't received the booklet by, say, 6 weeks prior to the cruise, I'd recommend contacting your TA or Oceania to have them send another copy.

Your luggage tags are pre-printed with your name and room number, and will be included in the booklet.

But if you don't receive them -- or have a last minute room change -- all is not lost. You can get blank tags at the check-in point and put in the needed information.

Hope this helps!

Mura

We sail July 25 (3weeks away) and have received nothing. My TA says it is coming but I’m not sure how much experience he has with Oceania. I called Oceania before the holiday. She said the ‘blue book’ was being printed! Some other info was going out to my TA today and he will send it to me. This is our first Ociania cruise and I am not comfortable that we have gotten no info this close to cruising. We booked the end of May.

I am a planner and certainly would like the info. Since it is not coming from Oceania, I do appreciate the info from you experienced Oceania cruisers that I am finding here!

We sail July 25 (3weeks away) and have received nothing. My TA says it is coming but I’m not sure how much experience he has with Oceania. I called Oceania before the holiday. She said the ‘blue book’ was being printed! Some other info was going out to my TA today and he will send it to me. This is our first Ociania cruise and I am not comfortable that we have gotten no info this close to cruising. We booked the end of May.

I am a planner and certainly would like the info. Since it is not coming from Oceania, I do appreciate the info from you experienced Oceania cruisers that I am finding here!

Maybe the Blue book was sent to your TA

In anycase about 2-3 wks prior (soon) you should receive an email from Oceania

FINAL CRUISE SUMMARY

print this off & take it with you

luggage tags will be provided at the port by the porters if you do not get your Blue book in time

do not stress about the tags

all you need to check in is your passport & credit card :halo:

Enjoy

Thank you for the reassurance. When I spoke with the Oceania customer service rep two days ago, she put me on hold to call the printer. According to the rep, all July sailings were in the process of being printed and we will get the packet soon. She said nothing about an email.

I’m not stressing (I don’t think :D). It would just be nice to get this famous classy ‘blue book’ that posters have written about, especially since this is our first cruise with Oceania.

Thank you for the reassurance. When I spoke with the Oceania customer service rep two days ago, she put me on hold to call the printer. According to the rep, all July sailings were in the process of being printed and we will get the packet soon. She said nothing about an email.

I’m not stressing (I don’t think :D). It would just be nice to get this famous classy ‘blue book’ that posters have written about, especially since this is our first cruise with Oceania.

not sure on the Blue book we got ours 2 mths prior our cruise is next week

The email usually comes 3 wks prior but it arrived last week some computer problem at O

As long as you know the port & airline flights if you used the air then you are good to go

Enjoy

If you're booked in a GTY, will they try to wait until you have a cabin assigned before mailing out the luggage tags? Or will they just mail blank ones?

In an ideal World, the pre-printed luggage tags go out with the Blue Booklets.

Z

Z

If the cabin has not been assigned by then, and sometimes it isn't until one actually arrives AT the ship, they will send you blank ones.

Once the blank luggage tags are issued, printed ones will not be re-sent, even if the cabin is assigned several weeks before the voyage

If you don't get the luggage tags or forget them, as I did, they will be provided at the dock where you drop off your luggage. They always have extras. Make sure that the tag with your name on it also gets on your bag. It can be confusing, with a lot of people dropping off luggage at once.

Mary

In an ideal World, the pre-printed luggage tags go out with the Blue Booklets.

If the cabin has not been assigned by then, and sometimes it isn't until one actually arrives AT the ship, they will send you blank ones.

Once the blank luggage tags are issued, printed ones will not be re-sent, even if the cabin is assigned several weeks before the voyage

Got my Blue Book today, sent by way of my TA. The luggage tags have our names on them, but the cabin # is blank, as expected.

BTW your post had something strange, like an inline image (which I've never seen on CC and did not show up in the post). I only noticed it when I saw some strange stuff when CC did some magic after I clicked on "Post".

I just contacted Oceania this past Thursday. They responded on Friday saying that my Bluebook was printed on June 22nd and the documentation will be mailed out three weeks prior to departure. I asked for additional luggage tags should the information get there after I leave (flying to Rome on July 27th). My cruise leaves on August 31on the Sirena.

I just contacted Oceania this past Thursday. They responded on Friday saying that my Bluebook was printed on June 22nd and the documentation will be mailed out three weeks prior to departure. I asked for additional luggage tags should the information get there after I leave (flying to Rome on July 27th). My cruise leaves on August 31on the Sirena.

You can always get the luggage tags at the port

Did they say they would send extra tags now?

I would have thought you would have gotten the Blue book by now unless they are mailing them out closer to sailing dates now

:)Yes, they said they will be mailing the extra tags out now. I have not received the Blue book in the mail yet... as long as my drink package is paid for, the rest will fall into place as it happens lol!

You can always get the luggage tags at the port

Did they say they would send extra tags now?

I would have thought you would have gotten the Blue book by now unless they are mailing them out closer to sailing dates now

• 1 month later...
I am 8 days before sailing and have yet to receive my book and tags. I have written to my TA and wonder if anyone has any ideas about how to facilitate this?

Thank you.

Here's a link to a post I wrote about a person in your same situation:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49195324&postcount=7

It contains the information you need to put on do-it-yourself tags. Yes, you can wait until you arrive at the pier and get a tag, but I prefer to have a home-made tag already attached.

Did you receive the blue book regarding your cruise? If so, the tags should be inside.

If you didn't, you still don't need to worry. You can get luggage tags at dockside and just write in your name and room number. Some people with guarantees arrive not knowing their room number and have no trouble getting their luggage to their room!

Mura