So much fun!

Living4acruise2day

If anyone is looking for something to do in Bonaire, and you like doing things on your own, this is the absolute best excursion and worth the $90 for the whole day. (total..not per person) It is a golf cart rental. You can order a 2 seater or 4 seater. It is so much fun and you see the Island at your leisure and can stop anytime you want. The owner Debbie is amazing. The gas tank is full, they give you a map and advise you the best places to go. Their tent is right at the end of the pier and you just pick up your cart and go! Go to Trip Advisor's website and read the reviews. If you decide you are interested you have to write to Debbie via e-mail and give her your name, date in port and time in port. She will get back to you with a confirmation . NO credit card or payment required until you pick up your cart!!!!!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...k_Bonaire.html

Her email address is:

info@bonairecruisers.com

AMAZING!!!!! I already booked mine and have my confirmation.

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering about that as well. We have 4 adults interested, and three of us are not small (over 5'9" tall). Also, a couple of my party use walkers on occasion, and I'm thinking that a 4-person cart might not have room for walkers.

I did email the business about a week ago, but haven't had any reply. . .

• 1 month later...

I booked a golf cart today....got a reply within a couple of hours of my email. My mom can't walk for an extended length of time, so this will be perfect for us. I love Bonaire, but can't stand the bus tours. Will be very pleasant doing this sightseeing at our own pace.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's what I got from Debbie of Bonaire Cruisers:

At the south part you find the slave huts, salt mountains, pink salt basins, kite beach, beautiful snorkeling at the salt pier but no sandy beach. Almost always sea turtles to see.

Lighthouse and the pekelmeer with the flamingos, and if you past all this you arrive at Sorobon. This is one of the best windsurf places in the world. The water is very shallow and a must see you can also have a good lunch over there. At jibe city, beach hut or Sorobon beach resort. 5 min driving from Sorobon you have lac baai restaurant. Here they have the best lunch from the island but only with reservation it's everyday fully booked.

On the way back to town you can pass the mangroves where you also can find flamingos.

Or you can pass the donkey sanctuary which you also can drive thru with the Golfcart.

The southpart takes about 1,5 hour nonstop.

From the south you come back in town where your ship is docked. You can also go back to the boat for lunch and go on again later.

Or go shopping for souvenirs in the main street or walk over the cruise market.

Upwards to the north you find spice beach club and coco beach. Also nice for lunch, sunbathing or stop for a drink. And this is my favorite snorkel place. If you drive further to the north you find the tourist way.... A long the coast. A nice road to drive. And beautiful snorkelplaces. At 1000 steps you can turn back. After 1000 steps you have to drive the whole north part. This takes about 3 hours. And you pass the goto meer after this you come in the oldest village Rincon. Where you can have the best local food at rose inn. Or stop at the Cadushy distillery for a drink.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Here's what I got from Debbie of Bonaire Cruisers:

At the south part you find the slave huts, salt mountains, pink salt basins, kite beach, beautiful snorkeling at the salt pier but no sandy beach. Almost always sea turtles to see.

Lighthouse and the pekelmeer with the flamingos, and if you past all this you arrive at Sorobon. This is one of the best windsurf places in the world. The water is very shallow and a must see you can also have a good lunch over there. At jibe city, beach hut or Sorobon beach resort. 5 min driving from Sorobon you have lac baai restaurant. Here they have the best lunch from the island but only with reservation it's everyday fully booked.

On the way back to town you can pass the mangroves where you also can find flamingos.

Or you can pass the donkey sanctuary which you also can drive thru with the Golfcart.

The southpart takes about 1,5 hour nonstop.

From the south you come back in town where your ship is docked. You can also go back to the boat for lunch and go on again later.

Or go shopping for souvenirs in the main street or walk over the cruise market.

Upwards to the north you find spice beach club and coco beach. Also nice for lunch, sunbathing or stop for a drink. And this is my favorite snorkel place. If you drive further to the north you find the tourist way.... A long the coast. A nice road to drive. And beautiful snorkelplaces. At 1000 steps you can turn back. After 1000 steps you have to drive the whole north part. This takes about 3 hours. And you pass the goto meer after this you come in the oldest village Rincon. Where you can have the best local food at rose inn. Or stop at the Cadushy distillery for a drink.

How long do you get the cart for and what is the cost for two? Thanks. Trying to decide whether to DIY or take a tour.

Edited by c-leg5

How long do you get the cart for and what is the cost for two? Thanks. Trying to decide whether to DIY or take a tour.

Below is the reply I received from Debbie

Thank you for your interest in renting a Golf cart. It's never to early to book!

A 2 seater is $90

A 4 seater is $ 100 max 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children

Deposit is $100

Price is inclusive gasoline, insurance, taxes and an island map.

Rental time till is your Ship leaves or till dark around 7pm.

Don't forget to bring your drivers license.

Explore bonaire in a golf cart is the best way to see all the highlights

Bonaire has to offer on your own pace. Don't forget to bring your snorkel gear.

If you want to make a reservation. Just confirm via this email.

If there are 2 cruise ships in harbour. You find us in front of one of them at the street in a tent. If there is 1 ship in harbour you find us in front of that ship. On the street at north or south pier. In a tent where all the vendors selling their tours. It's a 5 min walk between north & south pier. Some ships dock south some north.

We accept credit cards or cash. Only not American Express.

You pay deposit and rental fee at the rental day.

We reserve the cart(s) till 2 hours after your ship docked.

If you have more questions don't hesitate to ask us.

Enjoy your cruise.

Darn! Just heard back from Debbie that our date is "sold out". UGH! Now what will we do?

CeleBrat

I would go to the tent when your ship pulls into port to see if there are any "cancellations" . It happens all all the time. For example: party is not feeling well....party cancelled the cruise itself......etc...etc....Good luck and hope you are able to snag one!

Below is the reply I received from Debbie

Thank you for your interest in renting a Golf cart. It's never to early to book!

A 2 seater is $90

A 4 seater is $ 100 max 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children

Deposit is $100

Price is inclusive gasoline, insurance, taxes and an island map.

Rental time till is your Ship leaves or till dark around 7pm.

Don't forget to bring your drivers license.

Explore bonaire in a golf cart is the best way to see all the highlights

Bonaire has to offer on your own pace. Don't forget to bring your snorkel gear.

If you want to make a reservation. Just confirm via this email.

If there are 2 cruise ships in harbour. You find us in front of one of them at the street in a tent. If there is 1 ship in harbour you find us in front of that ship. On the street at north or south pier. In a tent where all the vendors selling their tours. It's a 5 min walk between north & south pier. Some ships dock south some north.

We accept credit cards or cash. Only not American Express.

You pay deposit and rental fee at the rental day.

We reserve the cart(s) till 2 hours after your ship docked.

If you have more questions don't hesitate to ask us.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks!

I did get a reply and was able to reserve 3 carts for our day in Bonaire. . .I can't wait!!

Beach day in Haiti, Trike Tour in Aruba, and golf carts in Bonaire. . .I have a feeling that this is going to be my BEST cruise yet!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Glad I saw this thread. We'll be in Bonaire in September and wondered about what to do for the day. This sounds great. I emailed Debbie and she responded right away (5.30am their time!). I've booked a golf cart for my husband and I.

I was wondering about that as well. We have 4 adults interested, and three of us are not small (over 5'9" tall). Also, a couple of my party use walkers on occasion, and I'm thinking that a 4-person cart might not have room for walkers.

I did email the business about a week ago, but haven't had any reply. . .

This may be too late, but, her reply went to my junk mail folder. I thought after a couple of days something was up and sure enough she had answered me days earlier. We are booked and really looking forward to this. Thank you for the idea. We reserved a two seater. Does anyone know if there is room to hold beach bags?

This may be too late, but, her reply went to my junk mail folder. I thought after a couple of days something was up and sure enough she had answered me days earlier. We are booked and really looking forward to this. Thank you for the idea. We reserved a two seater. Does anyone know if there is room to hold beach bags?

Yes. There is a wire basket on the back of the two-seater.

• 1 month later...

I too am glad I saw this thread! We'll be in Bonaire in April. I emailed Debbie and await her reply. If by chance she says they're sold out that day I'll still stop by the day we arrive and see if they had any cancellations. Thanks again everyone and happy cruising! :D

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...