Atlantis Questions

ladiibug

Hello,

We will be going to Atlantis for the first time this summer. (June 2018) I have already booked 2 rooms at Comfort Suites, for 6 adults. Great bargain, I may add. Total, including all fees comes out to just under $120/pp

I have a few questions.

Has anyone rented a cabana for the day? If so, what location? I am thinking Baths Colonnade area looks best, for beach access and not too many kids running amok. [emoji23] Also, did you find it to be worth the cost?

Are you allowed to bring drinks/snacks into Atlantis? Not a cooler, but would most likely bring water bottles and protein bars in my beach bag. I’m not opposed to spending money, and will always pay a premium for my alcohol and food, but it always irks me to pay more than a few bucks for a bottle of water 🤪 (Please no comments about what not to bring off ship. I’m a seasoned cruiser and not smuggling food, just curious about what’s allowed into the resort)

What is the closest Atlantis tower to Comfort Suites, to receive wristbands? Any first hand walking directions are welcomed.

Thanks so much,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Price at Atlantis and cruise excursions go up in peak season, which summer is. You can’t bring food and drink, but we did sneak water bottles ($1 - vendors sell them by the taxi lines, $10 at Atlantis), and granola bars. You check in at CS and they give you vouchers for the wristbands (I can’t remember where we got them). My advice is to get there ASAP and get in line for the slides at 10, it will get crowded.

We haven't been yet, but don't they give you the wristbands at the Comfort Inn when you checkin?

Also, how is $120 pp a bargain for the day, doen't the cruise lines only charge about $129pp for one of their excursions?

From everything I have read, Comfort Suites gives each person a card with their name on it, which is exchanged for wristbands at the resort.

The cruise line charges $189.99/per adult and day pass via the resort directly is $160/per adult.

Price at Atlantis and cruise excursions go up in peak season, which summer is. You can’t bring food and drink, but we did sneak water bottles ($1 - vendors sell them by the taxi lines, $10 at Atlantis), and granola bars. You check in at CS and they give you vouchers for the wristbands (I can’t remember where we got them). My advice is to get there ASAP and get in line for the slides at 10, it will get crowded.

Thank you! I’ve read varying reviews of people bringing food and drink in. I’ll bring some water bottles and protein bars off the ship. If they’re confiscated, not biggie.

Our ship docks at 7am, so we will for sure be there early and hopefully in our cabana before the masses arrive.

You can definitely bring snacks and alcohol, beer or soda to Atlantis - even a cooler. As long as there is no glass, and you are NOT bringing food off the ship. (there are customs rules)

If you book Comfort Suites, all in your party have to appear at the front desk at Comfort SUites, then take your card over to Atlantis to pick up your bracelets. Again, all in your party has to appear at the same time and have wristbands put on by staff.

Hi guys,

Looking to do same thing in April. I have a question about rooms at Comfort Suites, how many people do they give vouchers to per room? I have a family of 5, so I'm wondering if I will need to book two rooms? Or, book one room and show up at desk with my family of 5 seeing I won't even be stepping into the room at all?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi guys,

Looking to do same thing in April. I have a question about rooms at Comfort Suites, how many people do they give vouchers to per room? I have a family of 5, so I'm wondering if I will need to book two rooms? Or, book one room and show up at desk with my family of 5 seeing I won't even be stepping into the room at all?

When you go to make the reservation it will ask you to put in number of guests, and tell you whether they will fit in the room. I haven't done this (but looked into it for a previous cruise), and I would think only guests listed in the reservation get the atlantis passes.

Also, when you book the room, read the fine print for fees and such for more than 2 guests per room. As a family of 5, the comfort suites method was not a cost saver.

Hi guys,

Each room allows a maximum of 4 ppl, unless one is an infant. The base price is for 2 ppl, ea. add'l adult is $40. You will also pay other fees and mandatory gratuities based on the number of guests in the room.

You will get wristbands ONLY for the number of registered guest, and all guest must appear at the Comfort suite desk as well as the Atlantis desk together to get the wristbands.

You will need to reserve a wristband for the 5th person thru Atlantis and pick it up at the Atlantis excursion desk.. (the pick up for this is not the same place as those using comfort suites)..

You can definitely bring snacks and alcohol, beer or soda to Atlantis - even a cooler. As long as there is no glass, and you are NOT bringing food off the ship. (there are customs rules)

If you book Comfort Suites, all in your party have to appear at the front desk at Comfort SUites, then take your card over to Atlantis to pick up your bracelets. Again, all in your party has to appear at the same time and have wristbands put on by staff.

Can anyone else confirm this? I don't want to show up with a cooler of cokes and not be allowed to bring it in.

Following! I was just trying to dig up these questions as well. Somebody here said that you were not allowed to bring food/water but that you snuck them in. Do they look inside your bags and whatnot?

Post your question on the tripadvisor board.. there are other tourists and locals there that will tell you the same.

• 3 weeks later...
Following! I was just trying to dig up these questions as well. Somebody here said that you were not allowed to bring food/water but that you snuck them in. Do they look inside your bags and whatnot?

I have both gone to Atlantis on excursions from cruises and also stayed there multiple times on a long weekend trip. I have never been asked what's in my bag, never been searched or anything of the like. But you cannot bring glass containers of any kind. I have gone across the street and bought bottled water and brought that in with no issue as well as snacks from the convenience store. Unless something has drastically changed since the last time I was there a year ago, you're fine bringing these types of things in. Now I will suggest that you don't have a frat party with 3 cases of beer and tons of food, which would draw attention to you. But some soda cans, some bottled water and a few bags of chips aren't going to turn any heads.

• 2 months later...
I have booked directly with Atlantis? why is everyone booking with the Comfort Suites? we paid $129 per person for the Waterpark and beach.

Because prices change, sonetimes CS is cheaper, sometimes booking directly is cheaper. The last time we went, the cruise line was actually the cheapest.

I have six people going for only $210. That is only $35 per person. It helps to own a Vistana timeshare and able to book at Harborside Resort at Atlantis that comes with access to Atlantis.

I have six people going for only $210. That is only $35 per person. It helps to own a Vistana timeshare and able to book at Harborside Resort at Atlantis that comes with access to Atlantis.

The room you book at harbourside must be designated to allow six people in order to get six wristbands. Most lock offs are for 4 ppl. Make sure you are paying for a premium room that allows six ppl. You would need a 2 bedroom Villa for 6 ppl.

Edited by scubagirrl

Wow! What a fantastic idea! We have 8 cruising to Nassau in July and we were going to book the $179pp shore excursion. I just checked the price on two rooms and it comes out to $81pp including taxes and fees. A HUGE savings.

If you book the room(s) through Comfort Suites, does it take extra time away from Atlantis to get off the ship, go over to Comfort Suites to aquire wristbands, then get to Atlantis? Wondering how much time this might take as opposed to booking an excursion vs going the route of Comfort Suites.

It will probably take the same amount of time or quicker than a ship excursion, where you have to wait for everyone to gather. The slides don’t even open until 10, and it’s not a long walk between CS and Atlantis.

The room you book at harbourside must be designated to allow six people in order to get six wristbands. Most lock offs are for 4 ppl. Make sure you are paying for a premium room that allows six ppl. You would need a 2 bedroom Villa for 6 ppl.

Yes, I am well aware of the occupancy requirements. We have booked a 2BR that has an occupancy of six.

CS working out expensive for my party due to the high additional taxes. I know the Atlantis has a list of its partners, of which comfort suites is 1 but do any of you know of other hotels in the area besides the CS which if booked allow access to Atlantis free of charge?

I’m doing my research here but somebody in the know might save me time :)