Transportation from LIS to hotel?

Our hotel (Casa Balthazar at 26 Rua do Duque, 1200-159 Lisboa, near the Rossio train station) said they can arrange transportation from the airport to the hotel for 35 Euros. In addition to our suitcases, my husband will have his golf clubs, so public transportation isn't an option.

Looking at the hotel website, though, it says from the airport is about 20 minutes and a cab would cost around 15 Euros. Would a typical cab have enough room for suitcases and golf clubs? Thanks for any information anyone can provide!

Our hotel (Casa Balthazar at 26 Rua do Duque, 1200-159 Lisboa, near the Rossio train station) said they can arrange transportation from the airport to the hotel for 35 Euros. In addition to our suitcases, my husband will have his golf clubs, so public transportation isn't an option.

Looking at the hotel website, though, it says from the airport is about 20 minutes and a cab would cost around 15 Euros. Would a typical cab have enough room for suitcases and golf clubs? Thanks for any information anyone can provide!

We stayed at Casa Balthazar (loved it!!!) and availed ourselves of a ride booked by them. The place is really tucked away and we just wanted to avoid getting lost or being put out at the end of the street and having to drag our bags over cobblestones up the hill to the entrance. I don’t recall that the cost was any or much different than what I would have done myself from the airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We stayed at Casa Balthazar (loved it!!!) and availed ourselves of a ride booked by them. The place is really tucked away and we just wanted to avoid getting lost or being put out at the end of the street and having to drag our bags over cobblestones up the hill to the entrance. I don’t recall that the cost was any or much different than what I would have done myself from the airport.

I found Casa Balthazar through a CC post, so I'm guessing it was yours :)

Good point about it being out of the way... that might make it worth paying a bit extra.

I found Casa Balthazar through a CC post, so I'm guessing it was yours :)

Good point about it being out of the way... that might make it worth paying a bit extra.

We thought so. And it’s nice to be met by someone with your name on a sign when you’re jet lagged and tired!