November weather for cruising Dalmation coast?

edgee

We are considering a RT Barcelona Celebrity cruise in Mid November. We are especially interested in ports on the Dalmation coast that are on the itinerary. Is it likely to be too late in the season and thus too cold and rainy for us to enjoy Dubrovnik and Kotor...or is weather likely not to be an issue? Nothing, of course is for sure when talking about weather..but would appreciate some general advice. Thanks!

Generally most of Croatia closes down on 01 November every year for winter hibernation. Our larger towns, Split and Dubrovnik, will have some shops and some indoor restaurants will be open. Personally I would never consider a mid November cruise here if you expect to enjoy our warm weather outdoor venues.

Generally most of Croatia closes down on 01 November every year for winter hibernation. Our larger towns, Split and Dubrovnik, will have some shops and some indoor restaurants will be open. Personally I would never consider a mid November cruise here if you expect to enjoy our warm weather outdoor venues.

Okay. We will look to visit Croatia at a different time of year. Thanks so much for the advice!

Okay. We will look to visit Croatia at a different time of year. Thanks so much for the advice!

Wise decision. :)

Anywhere in the eastern Med you take a big risk with the weather in October (some you win, some you lose).

IMHO November would be pushing your luck waaaaay too much.

JB :)

Wise decision. :)

Anywhere in the eastern Med you take a big risk with the weather in October (some you win, some you lose).

IMHO November would be pushing your luck waaaaay too much.

JB :)

Guess I've been really lucky. Eight Med cruises in October or November. Excellent weather on all save for one washout rainy day in Florence. I've always read (and my experience would support) that October and November in the Eastern Med are generally milder and less rainy than in the Western Med....

The other advantage is fewer people. I have photos from Ephesus in late November. Beautifully sunny day; almost no one else in photo. Priceless!!!

I do not doubt Dubrovniktravellady about Croatia, but I will say that even in resorts like Mykonos I have found upward of 90% of the shops are open, even in late November.