New Orleans hotel and transportation recomendations

stingray310

We recently booked a cruise on the Carnival Dream out of New Orleans for next February 2019 and am looking for any recommendations or tips for transportation from airport to hotel and hotel to cruiseport before the cruise and back to airport after cruise.

Haven't seen any other posts on this subject through the search engine so hopefully I'm not overlooking one but please point me to a post if one has already been created on this subject.

I'm just curious what others have done in the past and what has been successful for them and what has not been successful. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

We haven't purchased airfare yet so I do not know what time I will be arriving in New Orleans, but hoping to stay around the $200 price range or lower if possible, don't need anything to fancy, just a decent clean, quiet hotel.

Thanks,

Stingray310

Beaucajun, thanks for the thread link, looks like some good information, I will read through it to help me make my decision. I just hadn't seen much information on staying and departing from the New Orleans port.

Thanks again,

Stingray

Try this discussion. Uber or taxi from airport to hotel and back will work. Both comparable in price. Many taxis use minivans as transportation.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2171595

Beaucajun, thanks for the thread link, looks like some good information, I will read through it to help me make my decision. I just hadn't seen much information on staying and departing from the New Orleans port.

Thanks again,

Stingray

No problem. We live a couple hours away from New Orleans and make the trip to the city 10-12 a year. We've stayed at most of the hotels near the port. We've never had a bad experience at any of them.

Normally when we visit we stay a little further from the port in the CBD area. It's close to the Quarter(short walk) but the prices are generally lower than staying in the Quarter. I recommend all new tourists stay in the Quarter on their first visit. I've been there hundreds of times and never tire of it.

Enjoy your research and your upcoming cruise.

I just returned from the Dream in NOLA. I took Uber from the airport to Hilton Riverside. Was $25 for Uber to the hotel. I cruised solo and walked to the Port through the Riverwalk Outlet Mall, which is connected to the hotel. Was easy enough. (I had 2 suitcases that I piggybacked with luggage straps, and a small carry on bag.) I had a River view room and did see people walking Julia street to the Hilton as they were disembarking the ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums