Help Me Pick a Mediterranean Cruise! (Family)

ucla2018

I'm looking at 4 options.

Going with family (not tryna party a lot).

I want to maximize the cool touristy stuff to see.

Which ports are must-sees in your opinion?

Option 1

1. Livorno, Italy **Leaning tower of pisa!**

2. Genoa, Italy

3. Marseille, France

4. Palma de Mallorca, Spain

5. Ibiza, Spain

6. Olbia, Italy

Option 2

1. Barcelona, Spain **Want to go here!**

2. Ajaccio, France

3. Civitavecchia, Italy

4. La Spezia, Italy

5. Genoa, Italy

6. Cannes, France

7. Palma de Mallorca, Spain

Option 3

1. Messina, Italy

2. Valletta, Malta

3. Barcelona, Spain **Again!**

4. Marseille, France

5. Genoa, Italy

6. Naples, Italy

Option 4

1. Venice, Italy **Heard great things**

2. Bari, Italy

3. Mykonos, Greece

4. Heraklion, Greece

5. Corfù, Greece

6. Dubrovnik, Croatia

I'm only concerned about having fun. Not too worried about price, cruise ship line, etc. Please let me know if you guys have any must-go suggestions for the places here. Having a hard time choosing one!

You might have posted this to Italy, France and Greece port sections of this board as well for other opinions.

Option 4 and 2 sound the most interesting to me. Obviously four gets you Greek isles, small villages, lots of sun, lots of history- especially Dubrovnik, Heraklion. Corfu nice, like Cannes. Venice is terrific, good airport and if you go and come from there, add some days. #2 sounds good too. Coastal France/No. Italy - La Spezia puts you near the Cinqueterre - a must excursion on your own or with guided tour. Haven't been to Ajaccio but Corsica will feel off the beaten track. Genoa - the weakest stop imho but I'm sure there are things to do there or nearby. Love Barcelona. Be aware Cittavechhia not real close to Rome,its the jumping off point for it on cruises. Mallorca nice island to make up for the cities on #2. So you got some bigger cities with #2, not bad, just depends on what your family wants. With both options also depends on where you fly into and out of, It would be nice if you didn't have two different cities coming and going, but sometimes you can't control that. Venice and BCN are better connected airports.

I agree that #4 and #2 sound the most appealing to me mostly because of the departure cities. I would give the nod to #4. I would definitely spend a few days in the departure city pre-cruise. We have taken an Adriatic cruise (out of Venice - similar to your #4) as well as Mediterranean cruises. I thought the Adriatic cruise was our best. I think the best departure cities are Venice, Rome (Civi) and Barcelona, in that order. Barcelona is obviously a lot larger city than Venice and would have more nightlife, etc. However, I think Venice is the most interesting and unique city I have been to. A cruise stop in Venice is not as desirable as spending a couple nights there pre-cruise because Venice is very crowded during the afternoons when cruise ships are there but much less crowded in evenings / mornings, etc.