Galveston debarkation

lens300

Just got off The Liberty of the Seas. The cruise was great but this is a working to Non US citizens. This port was the worst debarkation I have ever had. The cruise director had told us one night that there was roughly 500 non US guests. Upon debarkation they had 11 lanes open for 3500 US passengers and 1 open for Non US. We stood for 1.5 hours while they went through 3500 US passengers. They didn’t take any Non Us until they had all US passengers done. I have cruised 16 times allnfrom Florida and I have never had this experience. If you are a Non US passenger going through Galveston be warned you will be in line for a long time do not get an early flight.

Just got off The Liberty of the Seas. The cruise was great but this is a working to Non US citizens. This port was the worst debarkation I have ever had. The cruise director had told us one night that there was roughly 500 non US guests. Upon debarkation they had 11 lanes open for 3500 US passengers and 1 open for Non US. We stood for 1.5 hours while they went through 3500 US passengers. They didn’t take any Non Us until they had all US passengers done. I have cruised 16 times allnfrom Florida and I have never had this experience. If you are a Non US passenger going through Galveston be warned you will be in line for a long time do not get an early flight.

They did the same thing at Fort Lauderdale with Allure today. We were late boarding. It’s NOT just Galveston

• 3 weeks later...
may 27 disembarkation was a nightmare. between a very long delay and insane passenger traffic that port is ill equipped.

How many times have you cruised from here? You know we have five ships and turn them around at an amazing rate.

Share your contributing factors like did you have a passport, did you self-assist?

What was the delay?

We got off the Carnival Breeze on April 25. The LOTS was also there on the same day. It was the quickest debarkation ever. We drive to the port so we aren't in any hurry to get off the ship and we don't do self-assist and get off as late as we can. We walked down the ramp into the terminal, grabbed a porter and found our luggage immediately. We actually found a customs line with NO ONE in it. That was definitely a first. We went outside and found the shuttle to Lighthouse Parking. From the time we stood up when our number was called to the time we got on the shuttle was 15 minutes. I realize if you have a plane to catch, it won't work like that, but we were pleasantly surprised.

Can I please ask you a question - we are having to rent car hire from Houston (Flying in from London) for 8 of us the shuttle is quite expensive as we have to spend the 1st night in Houston. So, we are renting 3 cars, we will park at the cruise port and then pick up the cars to carry on with our holiday inTexas. Where would you recommend parking - I have checked the cruise port and it states $70 per car per week... ??

We have parked at Lighthouse Parking several times and will again in October. It is normally $80 for covered parking but if you reserve online and enter the word "anysail" for the coupon code it will discount the cost by $10. Uncovered is less. The lot is 4-5 blocks from the terminal and they have several shuttles to get you to the terminal.

Can I please ask you a question - we are having to rent car hire from Houston (Flying in from London) for 8 of us the shuttle is quite expensive as we have to spend the 1st night in Houston. So, we are renting 3 cars, we will park at the cruise port and then pick up the cars to carry on with our holiday inTexas. Where would you recommend parking - I have checked the cruise port and it states $70 per car per week... ??

There is lots of parking around the port and they all charge nearly the same. All will have shuttles, some you can just walk over