Embarking from NOLA

tnebell

You can walk it however I'm uncertain of what is the best way of walking there. We tried from the Hyatt Place and ended up taking some back streets that didn't exactly look like they were meant for pedestrians. :o

• 2 weeks later...

So what would y'all say is the best time to arrive at the NOLA Julia Street port? I'm signed up for 11:30/12 but have a feeling this may be a very busy time...but also know I will have to check out of my hotel before then. Do you know if any hotels will hold luggage if I choose to wait until a later time (like 1/1:30)? (If it helps I'm at the Hampton Inn Convention Center Location.)

Edited by travkesa

So what would y'all say is the best time to arrive at the NOLA Julia Street port? I'm signed up for 11:30/12 but have a feeling this may be a very busy time...but also know I will have to check out of my hotel before then. Do you know if any hotels will hold luggage if I choose to wait until a later time (like 1/1:30)? (If it helps I'm at the Hampton Inn Convention Center Location.)

We had friends last month get there an hour before their appointed time and had no issues getting in early.

Traffic wasn't bad at all.

• 1 month later...

We have a check-in time of 11:30 - 12 - is it possible to just drop off the luggage around that time and return at a later time to actually check-in?

We are trying to decide on doing that or just parking at the Fulton St Garage, go do our thing and return there and take the shuttle with our luggage to the ship.

Any suggestions on which might be the easiest/best way?

Thanks!

We have a check-in time of 11:30 - 12 - is it possible to just drop off the luggage around that time and return at a later time to actually check-in?

We are trying to decide on doing that or just parking at the Fulton St Garage, go do our thing and return there and take the shuttle with our luggage to the ship.

Thanks!

I would think you should be able to. Porters are all hanging out front there.

• 1 month later...

Thanks!

We did this in April and it was perfect. Took a cab from hotel (Canal St Marriot) after checking out at 11. Dropped bags with porters and continued in cab to French Market. Went back to terminal around 3, walked right through and was on ship in minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums