Upgrade

manc

They are fire selling two Quest cruises I’m on in June with very low interline rates. If they priced them more reasonably for everyone this wouldn’t need to happen and it would create happy customers all round. At least I know where all those available cabins suddenly disappear to.

Phil

Exactly my thoughts Phil. 😄

Another trick they have for getting rid of unsold cabins is to divide the cruise into smaller sections and sell off locally. I was on what had been sold to me as an 18 day cruise and I couldn't work out why some people were getting on and off the shuttle buses, a various ports with wheelie bags and luggage. Towards the end of the cruise it was pointed out to me that it had been sold off to, in this case Australians and New Zealanders, as several shorter 5 and 6 day cruises.

Another trick they have for getting rid of unsold cabins is to divide the cruise into smaller sections and sell off locally. I was on what had been sold to me as an 18 day cruise and I couldn't work out why some people were getting on and off the shuttle buses, a various ports with wheelie bags and luggage. Towards the end of the cruise it was pointed out to me that it had been sold off to, in this case Australians and New Zealanders, as several shorter 5 and 6 day cruises.

This has been done for a while I can remember about 5 years ago there was a cruise where a large group disembarked in London (Tilbury) and they were offering a 5 day cruise London - Rouen - Southampton at a fairly good rate.

It’s not just Azamara, Crystal have been doing the same, in January on our Cape Town - Mauritius cruise a golf party of about 100 disembarked in Mozambique. However Mozambique to Mauritius didn’t seem to have many takers!

Sent from my iPad using Forums