Azamara Pursuit

AllisonJames

These R ships designed and built in the late 90's early 2000's are still viable today almost 20 years later.

I would say Frank Del Rio had good vision, I would gather these ships cruising another 10-15 years easy.

BTW, I did sail Renaissance back in 2000 and was a great experience from what I remember.

Congrats AZ.

From what was posted, they are doing some testing and trials en route. Also Captain Carl posted a comment that the route was going against strong currents.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's quite early to be doing a transatlantic too and there are still some big seas at this time of year. It could be quite a rocky trip up to Belfast.

Phil

It's quite early to be doing a transatlantic too and there are still some big seas at this time of year. It could be quite a rocky trip up to Belfast.

Phil

In April 2012 we did the transatlantic New York to Rouen, ( the cruise after the Titanic memorial cruise), on Journey.

The last few days were very rough, if fact we were several hours late arriving after missing the tide to enter the River.

In April 2012 we did the transatlantic New York to Rouen, ( the cruise after the Titanic memorial cruise), on Journey.

The last few days were very rough, if fact we were several hours late arriving after missing the tide to enter the River.

Yes, it’s the that northern North Atlantic route that can make all the difference. I did Dover to New York in September one year. Rockiest crossing I’ve ever done.

Phil

Yes, it’s the that northern North Atlantic route that can make all the difference. I did Dover to New York in September one year. Rockiest crossing I’ve ever done.

Phil

Hopefully April won’t be as bad as September, which is well known as hurricane season. We caught the tail end of Tropical Storm Ian in September 2016. Captain Jose took a southerly route from Cork to St John’s Newfoundland, via the Azores, to avoid the worst. We just went through the tail end one night, but CD Russ had lunch with another CD who had spent 3 1/2 days battling the elements, as their captain had taken the most westerly route.

Isle of Man?? The country of my heritage!! I SO want to visit!!

Hi J&G

Do it - you would love it - though I could be biased.😁 Born, bred and still live on the Island. (In fact I lived just down the road from Captain Carl's family back in the day.) Azamara has, of course, visited a number of times with Captain Carl's at the helm.

There are some great IOM related pages on Facebook - including a Family History page - just have send a join request. That's if Facebook isn't a 'dirty' word at the moment.:o

https://www.visitisleofman.com

Hope you make it one day.😊

Kind regards

''Tricia

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From the Southampton Port cruise ship schedule Pursuit will be arriving in Southampton on the 28th July and berth at the Mayflower Cruise Terminal.

She is scheduled to depart the same day arriving back in Southampton on the 30th July at the Ocean Cruise Terminal. Later that day she relocated to the City Cruise Terminal not departing again until the Maiden on the 1st August.

Obviously there could be changes but it looks as if there’s a short cruise possibly for travel agents pre the maiden.

• 2 weeks later...
Great photos presumably taken from within the security of the shipyard or can you see her from the public road? She can be seen in the distance from one of the main bridges in Belfast.

Taken from public road, go to end of Queens Road, roundabout then first left, East Twin Road.

Taken from public road, go to end of Queens Road, roundabout then first left, East Twin Road.

Thank you so much - guess where I’ll be over the weekend. I imagined she would be in the heart of the shipyard somewhere. We’ve booked to sail on Pursuit in September, it’s so exciting to have her in Belfast.

From the Southampton Port cruise ship schedule Pursuit will be arriving in Southampton on the 28th July and berth at the Mayflower Cruise Terminal.

She is scheduled to depart the same day arriving back in Southampton on the 30th July at the Ocean Cruise Terminal. Later that day she relocated to the City Cruise Terminal not departing again until the Maiden on the 1st August.

Obviously there could be changes but it looks as if there’s a short cruise possibly for travel agents pre the maiden.

There is indeed a two night inaugural trade event on the 28th July. A competition to win places on it for travel agencies popped up on social media.

Phil

There is indeed a two night inaugural trade event on the 28th July. A competition to win places on it for travel agencies popped up on social media.

Phil

A similar competition for LCV members would be a good idea (as long as it wasn't conducted by email which many wouldn't receive!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
There’s a nice ‘competition’ going on in Twitter. They publish photos of part of the ship in its ‘unadorned’ state and ask you to guess whereabouts in the ship the photo shows. Good fun.

Good prizes too[emoji23]