Future Cruise Certificates

NeverStopLearning

Does anyone have experience with future cruise certificates? Specifically, how these certificates show up on the booking confirmation sheets?

I have been trying to verify that the certificates have been applied, but there is no line item describing that discount. My TA has been told that the discount was applied, but they can't show her where it is.

Given the weaknesses of the Azamara back office, I am hesitant to trust anything that isn't explicitly stated, as on our last cruise, our onboard credit appeared and disappeared between different versions of the confirmation.

Once on board, we have a fantastic time. The process to get there is erratic and frustrating. It is the area that I feel they can greatly improve client satisfaction.

Apologies for the rant. Any info is appreciated.

Unfortunately we had a similar experience when we used a 'Refer and Receive' certificate when Azamara insisted that our final invoice had already taken account of the discount.......it was only when we began the complaints procedure that we learned that our cruise had increased in price. (Oh really?).....by the exact same amount as the discount we had earned. ...eh? Bit of a coincidence we felt and eventually we withheld the sum.......point of principle.....and the Azamara UK team stepped in to help in our favour.

It was a very odd thing to do to loyal Azamara guests we thought.

Does anyone have experience with future cruise certificates? Specifically, how these certificates show up on the booking confirmation sheets?

I have been trying to verify that the certificates have been applied, but there is no line item describing that discount. My TA has been told that the discount was applied, but they can't show her where it is.

Given the weaknesses of the Azamara back office, I am hesitant to trust anything that isn't explicitly stated, as on our last cruise, our onboard credit appeared and disappeared between different versions of the confirmation.

Once on board, we have a fantastic time. The process to get there is erratic and frustrating. It is the area that I feel they can greatly improve client satisfaction.

Apologies for the rant. Any info is appreciated.

My own experience is that I get a confirmation from my travel agent which has a "discount" line on the breakdown at the bottom. It doesn’t specify it as a future cruise certificate though. Just "discount" and there maybe more than one of these. The only way I know it’s been applied is when I do a comparison between the normal price and what I was actually invoiced.

Phil

We have applied two future cruise certificates this year on both of our Azamara booking confirmations the discount has been shown as “CRUISELATER”.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is good information. Probably the travel agent has to put those words on the code space to get the discount.

Ivi

Thanks to everyone. I have checked both our booking confirmations and there are no lines specifying a discount. The first confirmation has the "50% off second guest" promo applied directly to the cruise fare. The second confirmation has the same discount applied as "BOGOHO+". There are no other discounts applied.

This is what makes everything so frustrating. The bookings were done on the same day and back to back to take advantage of the "50% off second guest" promo and the two confirmations do not even reflect the same discounts in the same way.

How can anyone, either a client or Azamara rep, validate anything on these confirmations? It must drive people crazy. I am glad my TA is working to address the issue.