NCL star disembarkation at Venice - time questions

pammie_34

May 19, 2018, 6:05 p.m.

I've never been on a cruise before - we are doing the Greek Isles Cruise on NCL Star and our itinerary shows our arrival as 7:15am at Venice. The flight we are looking at taking is at 10:55 at Marco Polo. If we carry off our own bags and ask to get off early as possible, is that an ok time?? We will be flying domestically - Altitalia from Venice to Rome. We're Canadian citizens, not sure if that matters on check in?

I've read some things that say it takes 2 hours to start getting off, and others that say it's within an hour. I suspect with a 10:55 flight we'd need to be off the ship by 8:45 latest?

Any help would be appreciated! We only have 2 full days in Rome so I'd prefer to get there early as I can - the next flight isn't until 3:20.

Thanks!

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Have you given any thought to taking the train Venice to Rome? Given the time required for travel to/from airports, security, checkin, advance arrival at airports (little or none of which exist for train travel), and the fact train will take you city center to city center (or very close), it could easily be faster to do this trip by train. It is discussed here quite frequently, and it is very easy to take the train. I can strongly recommend it.

You can make your 10:55 flight. As commonly discussed here, you will need to book a taxi or other dedicated service in order to fell comfortable.

Hi! Thanks for responding! Yes we have considered the train - my fiancé gets vertigo when travelling on land in fast cars so we worry that might be an uncomfortable trip for him.

We have no problem booking a private taxi and taking our own luggage off the boat. I assume they want to have everyone off the boat anyways by 10 latest to flip for the next cruise? So I imagine it shouldn't be too difficult getting off by 8:45?.... I hope?

I would still do everything you can to get off as early as possible. Don't waste your extra time sitting on the ship. (By the way you are on a ship). Venice is not the most efficient airport...better you have to wait at the gate for a while, then miss your flight.