Another New survey

nanacruiser

Another survey, and this company still does not get it right.

Question 18 asks to list what we like. I entered 5 things, they red flagged it as you must select at least one item. They meant it, only one item can be selected.

Who creates these surveys???? Monkeys??

I had the same problem with question 18, but my problems started earlier. One of the first questions asked if I had experienced the new entertainment program yet. Even though my answer was no, the next question asked if I was satisfied with the program.

My husband got the same survey. Here's the cover letter:

Dear John,

On your last trip with Azamara Club Cruises®, you experienced some of our premium entertainment options. Now, we want your thoughts.

Please take a few minutes to answer some questions about our entertainment so that we can work to better serve your needs.

John wondered what a "premium entertainment option" was, and started the survey.

After he answered the first question (country of residence) he got to question #2:

2. Cruising Experience

Sailed within the past 3 years with Azamara

Sailed within the past 5+ years with Azamara

Have never sailed with Azamara

Have never been on a cruise

John began to question what list Azamara was using.

The last email he got from Azamara suggested that it might be a good time to book his first Azamara cruise. We've taken 16 or 17 Azamara cruises ( 2, 3, or even 4 in a year).

He got to a question about how satisfied he was with the new entertainment format. There was no place to answer that the question didn't apply because he hadn't experienced the new entertainment format. At this point he decided that the survey was so poorly designed that it wasn't worth his time.

We're booked on the Journey in December after cruises on Oceania, Celebrity, Seabourn, and Regent.

We hope the shipboard experience is better than the survey.:D

Thanks for that.

If it is totally a dot point survey, it is useless.

To be of any real use, any decent survey needs spaces for an individual's input rather than just ticking boxes.

To be of any real use, any decent survey needs spaces for an individual's input rather than just ticking boxes.

It does have several spaces for input, but is still flawed. I indicated that I hadn't experienced the new entertainment and was still asked a few questions later to rate it. I did, based on what I've seen here, then mentioned what I was basing my opinion on in one of the narrative spaces.

I don't know if or when the survey might lead to some changes, but I'm happy to know that Azamara seems aware that the 'updated' entertainment offerings aren't a hit with everyone.

Melissa

Another survey, and this company still does not get it right.

Question 18 asks to list what we like. I entered 5 things, they red flagged it as you must select at least one item. They meant it, only one item can be selected.

Who creates these surveys???? Monkeys??

Actually you are right. The company conducting the survey is probably ‘Survey Monkey’!

In their previous survey, some 3 months ago, similar comments about who received the survey, how difficult it was to complete and submit were made.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is 'Survey Monkey.'

The first question asked if I was in the U.S, U.K, Canada or Australia -- if I remember correctly. I'm curious about how the answers will differ by region.

This one was easy to do on my iPad, but not sophisticated enough to default to appropriate follow-up questions based on the answers entered.

Melissa

I received the survey and agree that it is flawed. But, at least we know that Azamara in Miami is now recognizing there is a problem. Hopefully they

Isten. I will be sailing again with Azamara in August. Maybe there will be some fine tuning by then.

I had the same problem with question 18, but my problems started earlier. One of the first questions asked if I had experienced the new entertainment program yet. Even though my answer was no, the next question asked if I was satisfied with the program.

Same for me. That no answer should have bypassed most of the questions or ended the survey. I quit after 10 or so questions because the choices were not applicable to me. Glad I didn't have these "designers" on my web application team!

TGG

Any ship is better than Regent, so bored at night, the shows were good but the rest if the evening was boring. Crystal has three different bars before and after dinner for music. I was lucky if two had music at the same Time,

For those of you who did not receive the entertainment survey email, and especially for those of you who HAVE experienced our new onboard entertainment, below is a link to the survey.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/AzamaraEntertainment

THANKS

I didn't understand the separate questions about current vs new entertainment? The current entertainment is the new entertainment. Should the question have been about the old entertainment?

THANKS

I didn't understand the separate questions about current vs new entertainment? The current entertainment is the new entertainment. Should the question have been about the old entertainment?

I realised that too late and as a result my first few answers will have totally misrepresented what I thought of the old entertainment and there will be inconsistency with later answers if pairing analysis is completed.

Why oh why oh why do Azamara not get customers to test their surveys for them before they launch them. In house testing by techies is not enough.

Bonnie : Thanks for posting the link.

Host Grandma Cruising : I agree it is on a par with many I have completed.

One of the most frustrating things apart from those already mentioned was the inability to see and re-read what I had written in the various boxes . . . wondering whether all that will be seen by the analysts will be the last few words, which on their own will make little if any sense.

Thank you, Bonnie. We did think that we were back on the mailing list until we failed to get the slight change of itinerary for Pursuit's inaugural voyage and then this one. Thanks for providing both..... much appreciated.