Aft Cabins on Discovery 2

Hi

We’ve just done the same cruise and had an aft balcony. (7626) It was great to have the extra space with 2 sunbeds, chairs & table and the privacy. The only negatives were the vibration, it was constant & a bit of soot but neither spoiled our enjoyment. The sunrises & sunsets from the aft were fantastic. This was our first time with Marella, we’ve had balconies with P&O, NCL, RCI & Carnival but Marella was the first aft we’ve booked. I have to say the crew on Marella were the friendliest we have ever come across. Get it booked!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am about to book a 14 day cruise which includes the Pride of Panama followed by the Cuban Fusion itinerary.

Is it worth paying extra to book the aft cabins?

The aft cabins don't cost any more than the normal balcony, De luxe balcony, and junior suites on decks 6,7 &8. We were recently in one on deck 8 for 24 nights and it was excellent, one of the best cabins we've had.

We didn't notice any vibration at all, and soot contamination was minimal.

However they are like gold dust and go very quickly.

The aft balconies are huge when compared to those on the side. There isn't many and they go quick.

I did a cabin crawl (on a sister ship) and we managed 15 people on the balcony, no one sat down and no one touching each other. We were all comfortable and amazed at how large the balcony was. This was in a Junior Suite cabin.

The aft balconies are huge when compared to those on the side. There isn't many and they go quick.

I did a cabin crawl (on a sister ship) and we managed 15 people on the balcony, no one sat down and no one touching each other. We were all comfortable and amazed at how large the balcony was. This was in a Junior Suite cabin.

They are big.

With rough measurements we estimated ours at around 120 square feet.

That was junior suite 8080 which is at the end of the row. The central ones are probably a bit larger because of the curve of the superstructure.

I am about to book a 14 day cruise which includes the Pride of Panama followed by the Cuban Fusion itinerary.

Is it worth paying extra to book the aft cabins?

Hi Roland123 we have been, on Discovery, in a JS port side and aft both are good but we did prefer the aft cabin and have already booked one for next year, September, as said previously they do go quickly I found that anything under fourteen months would be a problem other than a cancellation. We had no problem with soot or noise. Good luck[emoji106]

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

Beware of the aft junior suites on deck 8.

We had 8086 right in the middle of the rear, two weeks ago, a very large balcony and a good size cabin. The problems started about 3 in the morning with the cleaning crew draggin day and sunbeds above us on deck 9 they also jetwash and clean all the glass, we thought it was a thunderstorm. We complained at reception, filled in the suggestions slips and rang when the racket started every night, they said it would be investigated but on our two week cruise we only got two nights uninterupted sleep!!!

We did have a phone call on the penultamate evening from reception offering us money for the disruption and they said it was a known problem. The morning discussion with the cabins to the side of us was always about the noise.

Also there was a problem with soot from the engines landing on the balcony and soon learnt not to sit on the chairs before the room was cleaned, we were told by the cabin attendant that they would clean our clothes at no charge.

Go for deck 7 and you will at least get a nights sleep.