Has anyone used Smart Cruise Tours for a day trip to Rome

Hucksandholt

I used them one year. Yes, we left a bit late I thought. It really shortened our time in Rome but it was a cheap way (well maybe not cheap, lol) to get to Rome. But if i honestly would spend the money and book a tour. Rome is amazing and if you are going to splurge at a port, to me it would be Rome and Naples. The tours I recommend are through italytoursharing.com (find your roll call) or Joe Banana Limos if you want private. Best of Rome tour is amazing and out of naples- the sorrento positano ravello tour with lunch is absolutely to die for. My very favourite. Although, when we did the best of Rome, we stopped at a family restaurant off the beaten track and it was excellent.

We used them a few years ago for Rome. We bought the round trip transportation to Rome and back. It was fine. There were only a few of us who paid for that. On our way to Rome, thru offered to refund our money if we were willing to find our own way back to the ship. We declined as none of us were prepared for alternative transportation. I think there were 8 of us on the return bus. I’d still use them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...

I’m also interested in this company.

There appears to be 3 different types of transfer with them

€19 for a return trip on a coach ( do it yourself when you get there)

€35 (I think) for a trip that includes 3 stops (Vatican, Collasseum and something else, I forget and haven’t got my notes in front of me)

€70 for a more in depth tour but only 8 in the group.

It seems like very good value for money compared to others tours and seems like an easier way to get into Rome than the faff of the train....and you get picked up at the port.

I’d love to know if anyone has used either of the three options.

Also in October, leaving the port, would there be plenty of tour guides/drivers available and if so, what do they charge for a return journey?