Deckplans changed since booking

Ciska

Today I had an unpleasant surprise. The deck plans of the seaview have changed. I booked a deluxe cabin in the yacht club in July 2017. We are with four adults so I booked a cabin with a double sofa so we would fit perfectly. Now it’s changed into a bunk bed and a sofa:mad: I called msc in the Netherlands and they have to contact headquarters to make sure it’s no bunk bed.

The cruise can’t be booked anymore so I am really scared we have to take the cabin! Our flights are already booked so we have to go! It’s not my first cruise but my 10th so I know what to book! Anyone had this before with a ship that was not build yet when you booked?

There was a lot of confusion with cabins on the Seaside when it was being built. Many Suites that showed two rooms turned out to be only one room. MSC has done this before.

This is the reason why I won't book a cruise on a ship before its completion; nor would I book one of the early sailings after our experience of booking Meraviglia (before she was built - so we had no idea what cabin we would be allocated at the time) and sailing the week after her inaugural.