Seaside Cozumel Xcaret Excursion

KatRangoon

We've booked the Xcaret excursion on our Cozumel day, but now I'm worried it was a bad choice. Has anyone else taken the excursion from the Seaside? On other boards, people have said it wasn't worth it through the cruise ships because by the time you get there you only have a couple hours before you have to come back. Does anyone know if the excursion leaves early and how long you get in the park itself (I read it was about an hour each way by ferry and bus to the park)?

Yes, you must take a ferry to Playa Del Carmen (warning - it is nicknamed the "Vomit Comet" for good reason).

Once the ferry leaves, it is a twenty minute ride to the mainland.

Once you walk several blocks to the buses, it will be about an hour ride to Xcaret.

Total transportation time is about two hours one way (ship to ferry, ferry ride, walk to buses, bus ride).

We've booked the Xcaret excursion on our Cozumel day, but now I'm worried it was a bad choice. Has anyone else taken the excursion from the Seaside? On other boards, people have said it wasn't worth it through the cruise ships because by the time you get there you only have a couple hours before you have to come back. Does anyone know if the excursion leaves early and how long you get in the park itself (I read it was about an hour each way by ferry and bus to the park)?
My family of four just took it on the Seaside in April. It was awesome and worth it! 30 minute ferry, 10 minute walk to bus. 30 minute or less to Xcaret by bus.

My family of four just took it on the Seaside in April. It was awesome and worth it! 30 minute ferry, 10 minute walk to bus. 30 minute or less to Xcaret by bus.

Oh that's great to hear! Do you remember how long you had at the actual park before you had to come back? And we're planning on taking our toddler, do you think it'll be okay? Did you see anyone with strollers?

Oh that's great to hear! Do you remember how long you had at the actual park before you had to come back? And we're planning on taking our toddler, do you think it'll be okay? Did you see anyone with strollers?
I think it was like 4 hours or so but it's hard to remember exactly. It seemed to be just enough time to see a lot of the stuff, take pics, do the full river swim and have a sit down lunch. It was go go go but it worked out fine and was good. The ferry ride was smooth both ways. You should have zero issues taking a stroller as the park isn't that crowded. It's not like Disney Land. Plenty of personal space and no real lines to speak of. The river swim is the highlight even if you had to swim with a toddler. You would have to walk back to the start after ending to retrieve your stroller.

I think it was like 4 hours or so but it's hard to remember exactly. It seemed to be just enough time to see a lot of the stuff, take pics, do the full river swim and have a sit down lunch. It was go go go but it worked out fine and was good. The ferry ride was smooth both ways. You should have zero issues taking a stroller as the park isn't that crowded. It's not like Disney Land. Plenty of personal space and no real lines to speak of. The river swim is the highlight even if you had to swim with a toddler. You would have to walk back to the start after ending to retrieve your stroller.

Thank you! I feel much better about the trip now!