Current drink prices.....

citizenfrank

Hi

Could anyone provide lists, photos etc of the current 2018 drink prices ...particularly MSC Fantasia.

We travel later this year in the Med out of Barcelona.

Keen to know/see beer, wine & cocktail prices.

Linked to the thresholds for the standard vs deluxe drinks packages...

Beer $5.50

Wine $7.50

Cocktails $8.00

All help appreciated ...Thank you

Those thresholds don't apply for Med cruises, Frank, as the currency onboard will be in Euros. Here's a link to a comprehensive bar menu for Med sailings from last year (from post #70 - #72). Prices won't have increased much since then, if at all, and are usually changed around the beginning of April, so there may not be up-to-date prices available yet.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2511337&page=4

As you may know, the basic package includes all items without an asterisk and the premium/deluxe package includes the same items plus those with one asterisk (as well as the in-cabin mini-bar and food items from the room-service menu). Items with 2 asterisks aren't included in any packages.

MSC Meraviglia Northern Europe 2018:

Included in the All-Inclusive Package (€ 26/Day):

Draught Beer 40cl € 4.95

Bottled Heineken € 4.90

(all other beer only included in the deluxe package, but also priced € 4.90)

Wine by the Glass € 5.00 (choose from 2 predefined white/red or one Rose)

Other wine only included in the deluxe package priced from € 4.50 to € 5.50

Espresso € 1.50

Cappuccino € 2.50

Water 1 liter bottle € 2.90

We were on Magnifica in April with Euro menus, they are very similar to the ones from last year in the link. I don't have pics I can post but have receipts and most cocktails seem to have increased from 6.75 euros to 7 euros. Spirits have stayed the same price or increased by 20 cents. There are a few new additions, for instance Gordons pink gin (which has become my new favourite:)) and a couple of different cocktails.

The inclusions on the package are still the same. Only draught beer is included in the package and still the same prices. 5 house wines and 2 sparkling (sweet and dry), all other wines are extra.

Julie

Thank you all so much, though as Bea pointed out I have caused the confusion within my dollar over euro conflict ha ha

The route cause of the post was to establish what exactly the drinks are that you acquire when purchasing the deluxe package over the standard. Though I know there are other benefits like room service, access to the mini bar, crepes, 'better' ice creams & maybe more.

Through Bea directing me to the Med side of MSC operations I think that the actual cost in euros is not that important, merely that anything with a single * comes into play with the deluxe PLUS anything else with a euro price & then anything with a double ** is to pay for only.

I think that it about it?

However, how does the double ** items work? Arte they pay the full price or is there a discount if you have either of the two packages?

Thank you all so much, though as Bea pointed out I have caused the confusion within my dollar over euro conflict ha ha

The route cause of the post was to establish what exactly the drinks are that you acquire when purchasing the deluxe package over the standard. Though I know there are other benefits like room service, access to the mini bar, crepes, 'better' ice creams & maybe more.

Through Bea directing me to the Med side of MSC operations I think that the actual cost in euros is not that important, merely that anything with a single * comes into play with the deluxe PLUS anything else with a euro price & then anything with a double ** is to pay for only.

I think that it about it?

However, how does the double ** items work? Arte they pay the full price or is there a discount if you have either of the two packages?

You have to pay full price. Crepes and "better" ice creams aren't available on Fantasia, Frank, only on Meraviglia (where they aren't included in any package) and Seaside (where they are - just to make matters even more confusing!) Also, the menus differ in what's included, depending on the region. As the all-inclusive is more expensive on $ cruises, there is a better selection included.

Julie ... I'll certainly be watching out for the pink gin on our Poesia cruise in September, thanks for heads-up. ;p

Yes Bea I will be looking in to all things pink too should that be an option.

Can just about see through the confusion lol & as Seaside from Miami is 50/50 our next adventure the news that on her 'things do' is welcome, but are you suggesting, purely through the depth of your knowledge I would add, that on Fantasia in the Med there are limited benefits to the deluxe upgrade?

All I can see now are;

Minibar

Room Service

Spa Drinks

Am I correct?

Sorry, Frank, I had the new franchise additions on Meraviglia (Jean-Philippe Maury) and Seaside (Venchi) in mind when discussing the "better" ice-creams and crepes. However, the nutella crepes are still included in the deluxe package (IIRC) and gelato is available on both drinks packages. The premium package will get you some of the better drinks (with one asterisk) too.

TBH, since the reduction of premium drinks on the deluxe (a lot are now 'Super Premium' with 2 asterisks) and the increase in price from €42 (originally), then €44 (both when some of the 'Super Premium' were included) and now €50 (with less 'premium' products included) I don't find purchasing it is such good value anymore and have actually done 2 cruises now with the basic all-inclusive - which was perfectly adequate. For the saving of €24 pppd I could well help myself to the mini-bar if I really wanted and/or order room service (@ €5 for 2 plates the cost is negligible) and still come out on top.

Yes that has been my thought recently & hence the question, where I knew yourself & other key figures on here could/would advise. Its £343 cheaper for the three of us (1 x 15yr old & the two of us) & there are only limited sacrifices in reality.

They have created a real split & dilemma lol

1ba2386c72312da73ab0c6303420c5cf.jpg

Many thanks to the information!

And very nice photos!... Wow!... How patient were you to just find the perfect moment to capture these pics that seem more like top notch scans on a top notch scanner!... :)

Unfortunately it seems that they have removed my preferred non alcoholic cocktail from the menu: The Alice in Wonderworld!... :(

Have a nice day!... :)

Any sugar free cocktails?

I have not seen sugar free cocktails on the list - maybe you have to ask.

As non-alcoholic drink without added sugar I could recommend the smoothies that MSC often offers in the pool bars

For example Meraviglia pool bar:

032c9ceab661ccc2384f099435e2eaa4.jpg

f7c44fc373418e3fc77ce2f2704a2744.jpg

5774851ee15cd1ddee9fffe5cceaa4fa.jpg

2b5d415f0317b20eeed0965b873e2aaa.jpg

5656284c2043a0fbfe375e73be39c15a.jpg

9f600652875f9a23558f831055d99f00.jpg