Skier 52 - Cabin Question

janie315

We are booked on the Meraviglia next spring. Currently we have cabin 18013. Wondering if we should look out for forward cabins to open up on Deck 15? Is there a big difference . Thanks so much.

We are booked on the Meraviglia next spring. Currently we have cabin 18013. Wondering if we should look out for forward cabins to open up on Deck 15? Is there a big difference . Thanks so much.

I sailed in 18009, just 2 doors up from your cabin, and was very pleased with the cabin.

I'm not convinced of the merits of a forward facing cabin. those that I have knowledge of, on Davina, had balconies that were virtually useless when cruising because of the wind created by the forward motion of the ship.

I don't know if the cabins on deck 15 have a solution to the problem.

here is a link to my review of my cruise in 18009., in which I give some points about the cabin

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=270&t=12438

hope this is of some interest

Pete

IMHO 12196, being out on the hump, and having 180 degree views is better located than 12206 which will have a smaller field of view, and, in a rearwards direction have views of your neighbours at very close quarters, and not of a sea view of where the ship has sailed.

Other than that the two cabins look like standard balcony cabins.

Unfortunately I have no info on dimensions or layout other than what can be found on the mSC web site

12206_12196a.jpg

Hope this helps a little

Pete

Thanks, it helps

Hi Pete ... We have one of the forward facing balconies on Deck 12 on Meraviglia for Xmas 2019, it appears to have a partially glazed area around the hot tub area, we chose this as it is around 400 sq feet in size compared to the 296 sq feet of the other cabins.

I sailed in 18009, just 2 doors up from your cabin, and was very pleased with the cabin.

I'm not convinced of the merits of a forward facing cabin. those that I have knowledge of, on Davina, had balconies that were virtually useless when cruising because of the wind created by the forward motion of the ship.

I don't know if the cabins on deck 15 have a solution to the problem.

here is a link to my review of my cruise in 18009., in which I give some points about the cabin

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=270&t=12438

hope this is of some interest

Pete

Thanks so much Pete. You are fantastic to help in this way!

Just looked at your review and saw the ski pics. First impression was, “how did our ski pictures get on this site?”

I also have the red and white parka and husband has dark blue. Ski hill looks like base of Stevens Pass Ski Resort here in Washington state. Season done for this year.

Edited by phissy

Hi Pete, you have helped me in the past. I am already booked for a12-day Panama Canal Trip on the Divina. We just saw an advertisement and called MSC, and to save $1000.00 they offered me a Bella Package for $1999.00 drinks included. Could you tell me about Stateroom 8224 when you have a moment? Thank you so much.

how is cabin 8132 on divina? I know about the lifeboats. What I want to know is the size and if it will have a sofa.

Took advantage of the sale and got a great price for ll nights in December. Thanks

Jumping in with the people who booked the Divina during the Memorial Day Sale. I grabbed 8230 and hope it is far enough forward to avoid most of the noise from the Black and White lounge. Any knowledge of any issues with this cabin? Thanks Pete. Bob

how is cabin 8132 on divina? I know about the lifeboats. What I want to know is the size and if it will have a sofa.

Took advantage of the sale and got a great price for ll nights in December. Thanks

8132 is one of the cabins with a tub/shower, therefore it will have one easy chair, no sofa. EM

Jumping in with the people who booked the Divina during the Memorial Day Sale. I grabbed 8230 and hope it is far enough forward to avoid most of the noise from the Black and White lounge. Any knowledge of any issues with this cabin? Thanks Pete. Bob

Your cabin is over/opposite the elevator lobby so B&W lounge should not be a problem. Good news also is that lounge will probably be your muster station. EM

Your cabin is over/opposite the elevator lobby so B&W lounge should not be a problem. Good news also is that lounge will probably be your muster station. EM
Thanks, that's what I thought. I also like the Black and White Lounge and will probably spend time there. Bob

Hi Pete, you have helped me in the past. I am already booked for a12-day Panama Canal Trip on the Divina. We just saw an advertisement and called MSC, and to save $1000.00 they offered me a Bella Package for $1999.00 drinks included. Could you tell me about Stateroom 8224 when you have a moment? Thank you so much.

it is buried right inside the rear recess and up against the hump wall , so with have only views forward and straight out to sea, the field of view will be limited to 90 degrees. It will also have the view on to the top of a life boat. All these negatives without the positive of a large balcony,

I'm not sure what drinks are given with the Bella package, you need to check what they are offering

I've tried to get an image of where the cabin is for you but at the moment photobucket is on the blink

I'll post it as soon as I can

sorry for the 3 day delay but I've been snowed under with family business

pete

It is 192 sq ft (168 living area; 24 bathroom) and the question about a sofa has been answered for you by EM.

The field of view will be a little bit limited as it is in the recess but it is far enough away from the hump wall not to be too big a deal.

Pete

Pete,

Thank you soooo much for your response. We decided to not move. This is the trip I have always wanted to do and I am going to stay put! I hve to sy saving $1000 was attractive until I researched.

As always, thank you for your response.

Thanks for answering my questions about cabin 8132 on Divina, I have been on Divina and Seaside before but in the Yacht club. Hope this time I will enjoy it as much. The drink package will help. How do they sell internet?

Thanks for answering my questions about cabin 8132 on Divina, I have been on Divina and Seaside before but in the Yacht club. Hope this time I will enjoy it as much. The drink package will help. How do they sell internet?

This is what is available today on the UK web site to prepay

Internet & Conectivity

PIN57C.jpg

Premium Internet

Full Internet package, perfect for heavy users or families. This package allows you to connect up to 4-device and offers full web browsing, access to all social networks and chat APP and email checking. Data limit: 5 GB that can be used throughout the length of the cruise.

Per adult £ 65.00

SIN57C.jpg

Standard Internet

Ideal for limited internet usage, the “Standard Internet ” package lets you access all social networks and chat APPs, check email and browse the web. Up to 2 devices. Data limit: 2.5 GB that can be used throughout the length of the cruise.

Per adult £ 47.00

I booked the same one...(11/18/18) Great price/promo!!

Any thoughts on 8165 on Divina??

it is buried right inside the rear recess and up against the hump wall , so with have only views forward and straight out to sea, the field of view will be limited to 90 degrees. It will also have the view on to the top of a life boat. All these negatives without the positive of a large balcony,

I'm not sure what drinks are given with the Bella package, you need to check what they are offering

I've tried to get an image of where the cabin is for you but at the moment photobucket is on the blink

I'll post it as soon as I can

sorry for the 3 day delay but I've been snowed under with family business

pete

here is the image I promised

8224.jpg

I agree completely with EM's assessment

Pete

I booked the same one...(11/18/18) Great price/promo!!

Any thoughts on 8165 on Divina??

It is one of the smallest cabins on the ship at 129 sq ft. in fact it is smaller than the smallest inside (140 sq ft.)

but if you have a good deal and basically only use your cabin to sleep in, you will be able to cruise more often, holidays allowing, and have the benefit of a window to natural light.

Pete

Hi all, just booked for a november cruise on the Divina. Our first balcony room, we really like inside rooms. We have room 8234, any info. Thanks so much. This will be our 1st cruise on MSC, looking forward to it!

Edited by DQGal
Forgot ship name

Hi all, just booked for a november cruise on the Divina. Our first balcony room, we really like inside rooms. We have room 8234, any info. Thanks so much. This will be our 1st cruise on MSC, looking forward to it!

You have one of the best Bella cabins to be had as most have some limitations to the view from the balcony.

It is on the rear hump, so has good views in all directions. No lifeboat to worry about.

it is 192 sq ft (168 living area; 24 bathroom) with a 42 sq ft balcony.

It has a bath tub (which many people hanker after)

It is next to the entrance to the rear bank of lifts. The pros and cons to this are:-

it gives easy access to the lift to the dining room on deck 6. against this is it could be a source of intrusive noise from inconsiderate guests.

It is also nearly, but not quite, above the Black and White lounge, which may be a source of noise in the evenings. But I think that will be marginal as it is diametrically opposite the stage and just beyond the entrance.

Pete