Seaside Review Cruise Number 2 April 28th to May 5th

sidari

Hi Dave, thanks for the review and so sorry to hear that you suffered with your foot all week. I just booked the Divina on the Memorial Day Sale for November. It will be interesting to see if it is as good as I remember from 2014. I see that some areas have been moved around, not sure that I approve. Well, we'll see! Also going transatlantic next April but won't be stopping in your neck of the woods. Hope your foot is feeling better. Bob

One question , how did you manage to get the tour of the Yacht Club area? I'm not sure if it would be our cup of tea but I would love to get a peek inside.

Thanks again for sharing ! Did you book another trip or are you going to try something else ?

On our Cabin Crawl we visited the Yacht Club with permission and specifically three cabins from our group, an inside, a standard delux balcony cabin and the Royal Suite. We were very quiet and all went well except for one of our group who is a video blogger and wandered off to take some photos and/or video. The Yacht Club staff was not happy with that. Bob

Hi Bob ... My foot is still a problem at the base of the Achilles tendon, need to get it right before we head to Singapore in September for the F1 Grand Prix and a four night cruise.

Seems MSC are giving you guys some great deals, noticed the Divina Xmas cruise if you book here has drinks and WiFi included in Bella which makes a change.

The T.A is better going the other way as it gets warmer for us.

What has changed on Divina ?

Hi Bob ... My foot is still a problem at the base of the Achilles tendon, need to get it right before we head to Singapore in September for the F1 Grand Prix and a four night cruise.

Seems MSC are giving you guys some great deals, noticed the Divina Xmas cruise if you book here has drinks and WiFi included in Bella which makes a change.

The T.A is better going the other way as it gets warmer for us.

What has changed on Divina ?

Wow, the F1 in Singapore will be awesome! Our sale had a Bella balcony with free drinks for the price of an inside. I only had a quick look but it looks like they moved Eataly and a lounge and the only special for the Galaxy restaurant is sushi. In fact they called it the Galaxy Sushi Restaurant. I hope that isn't true. I'll let you know. Bob

Thanks for the review. It’s timely, as I’m looking at cruises in Sept, after the kiddies are back in school.

Trying to decide on Aurea Condo Cabin or heading back to the YC, as they’re both about the same price.

Hope you feel better soon!

Our sale had a Bella balcony with free drinks for the price of an inside. I only had a quick look but it looks like they moved Eataly and a lounge and the only special for the Galaxy restaurant is sushi. In fact they called it the Galaxy Sushi Restaurant. I hope that isn't true. I'll let you know. Bob

It wouldn't surprise me, Bob. We did the TA on Divina back in 2015 (about 6 weeks after we'd been on her in the Med) and Galaxy had become a sushi restaurant then. We were so disappointed as we'd enjoyed the fare on our Med cruise (we don't eat sushi).

Bob ... Had a quick look at the Divina plans on cruisedeckplans.com and Eataly seems to be in the same place but with an added Italian restaurant bit unless that has been there since after the first TA crossing when it was all Eataly.

Will try find the photos we took on the crossing to see if they look any different to those on CDP.com. Not sure which lounge you think has changed.

GG ... I guess it depends what you want the most really, spa access and massages or the YC offerings, a friend of ours who works onboard says that the Aft cabins are better than those in the YC, and having stayed in an Aft one and seen a YC cabin we have to agree.

GG ... I guess it depends what you want the most really, spa access and massages or the YC offerings, a friend of ours who works onboard says that the Aft cabins are better than those in the YC, and having stayed in an Aft one and seen a YC cabin we have to agree.

Thanks.....Aurea offers the drink package. But, you give up the Top Sail Lounge, the Butler and the Concierge, which I loved. Those aft Condo Cabins look very compelling, though.

Still looking. Again, thanks!

Wow, the F1 in Singapore will be awesome! Our sale had a Bella balcony with free drinks for the price of an inside. I only had a quick look but it looks like they moved Eataly and a lounge and the only special for the Galaxy restaurant is sushi. In fact they called it the Galaxy Sushi Restaurant. I hope that isn't true. I'll let you know. Bob

Hi Bob, Tom and I are booked on Divina October 28th. Will be interesting to see the changes. We are also booked for two weeks again on Seaside in September. Just did another on Seaside in April.

Hope all is good with you.

Hi Bob, Tom and I are booked on Divina October 28th. Will be interesting to see the changes. We are also booked for two weeks again on Seaside in September. Just did another on Seaside in April.

Hope all is good with you.

Hi Dave, so I went back and studied the deck plans again and I think that I was wrong. I think it is only my memory that has changed. I'll watch for your review of your Divina cruise a month before mine.

Bob ... I have not had chance to fire up my pc yet and look at the photos we took but from those on CDP it looks the same, the only bit I don`t recall is the Silver bar but it was a good few years ago now, maybe the photos will show it.

Bob ... I have not had chance to fire up my pc yet and look at the photos we took but from those on CDP it looks the same, the only bit I don`t recall is the Silver bar but it was a good few years ago now, maybe the photos will show it.
Dave...I remember the Silver Bar and Lounge well as that is where we had our Meet and Greet. Some of us also met there for free drinks before dinner on the Captains evening.