MSC Seaside Bar Menus

ashley@cruisecritic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow, those are the cheapest drink prices I’ve ever seen. I️ swear I saw a picture of a tap the had Lagunitas IPA on it. I think it was the Sports bar. Can anyone confirm? The only Craft beer they list is Sam Adams and Yuengling, which neither are craft.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow, those are the cheapest drink prices I’ve ever seen. I️ swear I saw a picture of a tap the had Lagunitas IPA on it. I think it was the Sports bar. Can anyone confirm? The only Craft beer they list is Sam Adams and Yuengling, which neither are craft.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, they did have Lagunitas IPA on tap in the sports bar when we sailed in July.

ak5XKmmm0RCMAC6pR8yZsh66ZLSb03.png

Hi guys. I've been asked on another thread for photos of bar menus from Seaside. Rather than posting them there, I'm starting a new thread since there are so many pictures. If anyone has any that I missed, please feel free to add! (Unfortunately I didn't get any shots of the Champagne Bar menu or the one from The Haven or the Garage Club. My guess is that the last two are similar to what's offered at other bars onboard, but I'm not positive.)

I'll start with the Sports Bar:

25182465_1969760206679872_8304316175399004628_o.jpg?oh=9c4dbe6db6cb97863a9e18e220e21295&oe=5AC642FB

25073258_1969760196679873_7935877140301257704_o.jpg?oh=5af34c6d708eab2e4c52b79d1a6734fa&oe=5ABE26C2

25299933_1969760200013206_7427547682081252395_o.jpg?oh=75b3a2db9f8ca5892cabd303841c9a80&oe=5A8EE69A

25299762_1969760280013198_8788182921455917550_o.jpg?oh=db418c4db326d87c7b164f3bcca25e93&oe=5A8B47C6

25299739_1969760276679865_4779182438959203486_o.jpg?oh=c8ac1ef1658b4a889006bc143a3f4813&oe=5ABCB735

I'm really interested to check out these menus since we have a sailing coming up at the end of the month but it appears these links have expired? Is there another place to Take a look at these menus?

I'm really interested to check out these menus since we have a sailing coming up at the end of the month but it appears these links have expired? Is there another place to Take a look at these menus?

I actually just linked to this yesterday but we're already on another page :-)

https://www.cruisehabit.com/content/msc-seaside-bar-menu

I actually just linked to this yesterday but we're already on another page :-)

https://www.cruisehabit.com/content/msc-seaside-bar-menu

Another quick question, I've seen people mention that the asterisks denote items that are included in the drink package, is this different for the Deluxe all inclusive package? I thought it would say it on the menu photos somewhere but I'm not seeing it.

TG - The Super Premium is a new category with 2 asterisks which no packages cover. However, the deluxe package is the premium one. All items, including those with one asterisk, are included.

Nevermind my last post, It looks like this is the answer I'm looking for. drinks with no asterisk are included in the standard package, Drinks with one asterisk are included in the deluxe package, and anything with two asterisks (I don't see any on the linked menu but I assume it refers to ultra premium spirits at certain bars but probably not any of the specialty cocktails.) are not included anywhere.

I remember on my first MSC cruise I had the Deluxe AI package on the Divina and it included literally everything on the boat including the handmade chocolates by the pound, chocolate dipped strawberries, and even JW Blue Label (I don't even drink JW normally but I had to have a Blue Label because why not?) I guess those days are over.

Another quick question, I've seen people mention that the asterisks denote items that are included in the drink package, is this different for the Deluxe all inclusive package? I thought it would say it on the menu photos somewhere but I'm not seeing it.

This question made me realize that the Super Premium page was missing. Ooops! I just updated it. The super premium spirits are not included in any package, which is quite annoying, as some (such as Ardbeg, one of my favorites) is priced well below the threshold for mixed drinks covered on the package ($13? I forget) - yet it doesn't qualify. Check out the new page (11) with that list.

This question made me realize that the Super Premium page was missing. Ooops! I just updated it. The super premium spirits are not included in any package, which is quite annoying, as some (such as Ardbeg, one of my favorites) is priced well below the threshold for mixed drinks covered on the package ($13? I forget) - yet it doesn't qualify. Check out the new page (11) with that list.

Thanks for updating! This is really interesting, Don Julio Reposado, which I really like, is only 8.50 yet still not included even for the deluxe. That one is a bit of a head-scratcher as that particular tequila is usually top shelf but as far as tequilas go, definitely not ultra. Same goes for the Patron, I'm not a fan of Patron but they make multiple ultra premium versions above the standard 3 varieties.

Something tells me with proper tipping, anything is included, as is usually the case in my experience but every ship is different, I guess we'll see ;)

Thanks for updating! This is really interesting, Don Julio Reposado, which I really like, is only 8.50 yet still not included even for the deluxe. That one is a bit of a head-scratcher as that particular tequila is usually top shelf but as far as tequilas go, definitely not ultra. Same goes for the Patron, I'm not a fan of Patron but they make multiple ultra premium versions above the standard 3 varieties.

Something tells me with proper tipping, anything is included, as is usually the case in my experience but every ship is different, I guess we'll see ;)

I too found this quite bizarre and guess it comes down to their cost-per-bottle. The mixed drinks I guess they're wiling to go higher on with the packages b/c often much of the cost there is in mixers and labor, both which allow higher margins than spirits.

Good luck trying to get them to go around this for some cash. I honestly didn't press too hard, but while I always tip extra and got great service independent of this, I wasn't able to get anyone to budge. I'd have been happy if I just had to pay an extra $1-2 per pour to get Ardbeg, but if it's not covered then you pay the full-price, no subsidy.

I too found this quite bizarre and guess it comes down to their cost-per-bottle. The mixed drinks I guess they're wiling to go higher on with the packages b/c often much of the cost there is in mixers and labor, both which allow higher margins than spirits.

Good luck trying to get them to go around this for some cash. I honestly didn't press too hard, but while I always tip extra and got great service independent of this, I wasn't able to get anyone to budge. I'd have been happy if I just had to pay an extra $1-2 per pour to get Ardbeg, but if it's not covered then you pay the full-price, no subsidy.

Ah interesting, Yeah on other lines people have been pretty lenient without me really pushing, I don't want to get anyone in trouble. I know on NCL we could just pay the difference from the price that was included with our package, usually just 1-3 dollars for anything that wasn't included which was pretty cool, it seems MSC has a different approach here but I have found that being a newer line they are changing pretty rapidly, we may see something different next year...