Civitavecchia Hotels 2018

Cpatti8

Hi,

Any recent commendations for hotels in Civitavechhia?

I’ve searched previous threads and found some suggestions but the most popular hotel sugggested on CC is the Hotel San Giorgio and it is booked on the day I need.

We’re staying in Rome for 5 days post cruise so we only need a hotel for the night before the cruise.

Thanks in advance :D

Check out La Casa Sul Mare, brilliant.

Thank you for the information. It looks wonderful. Do you have the email for the property? When I try to book online it says "Contact this property for rates and availability." I cannot find their contact information anywhere.

How is the Santa Marinella area south of Civitavecchia? A few hotels such as the Hotel Cavalluccio and Delle Palme come up. It looks like a beach town from what I see. Is it easy to get a taxi to the ship?

We have booked the Ville delle Palme hotel and received a quote for transfer from the hotel to the port in the morning 40 euros. I was struggling to find anywhere in Civitavecchia so looked further afield, we are not going until July so cannot comment on the town but the hotel gets good reviews.

Edited by vadell

Thank you for the information. It looks wonderful. Do you have the email for the property? When I try to book online it says "Contact this property for rates and availability." I cannot find their contact information anywhere.

I booked through booking.com

Last year we stated in the Hotel Traiano and were very satisfied. It included breakfast and a shuttle to the pier. We also booked transportation from the airport to the hotel through them.

We have booked the Ville delle Palme hotel and received a quote for transfer from the hotel to the port in the morning 40 euros. I was struggling to find anywhere in Civitavecchia so looked further afield, we are not going until July so cannot comment on the town but the hotel gets good reviews.

Hotel Villa delle Palme also quoted me 40 euros for the transfer. I have not reached out to taxi/transfer companies to see their pricing.

We're between this property and Hotel Traghetto, right in port. Both have their pros and cons, but we're leaning toward Villa delle Palme. Looks much nicer, but it is more expensive and we have to pay for a transfer.

• 2 weeks later...

We also stayed in Hotel Traiano last year. It is not on the waterfront as others may be, but it was only a 10 minute walk away. They arranged transportation from the airport to the hotel for us and it worked out beautifully. As the previous poster stated there is a free shuttle to the port.

We stayed in a balcony sea view room in Hotel L'isola in Santa Marinella for 3 days pre-cruise in 2015. Nice basic place, great staff. Town is a pretty laid back beach town--we were there in late October for a Transatlantic and the local tourist season was over. We enjoyed the town very much. The hotel set up our transfers from the airport, and then to the port--very easy.

We just made a booking for hotel Traiano, this will be our 5 th time there.

Excellent breakfast and free shuttle to the port

I am happy to read that you are going there for the 5th time. The hotel had mixed reviews but I booked it for our pre-cruise night in September. Would love to know if you have anything special you do/see/eat there on your pre-cruise time. We will be arriving by train at noon so have the entire afternoon and evening. Thanks and have a great day!