Princess Cays - Compiled Info : Beach/Water activities, Food/Drinks, Bungalows, Facts

WarmWaters

That's helpful. Really sounds like there's very little reason to cough up the extra dough for the Sanctuary bungalow.

Carnival's descriptions are virtually identical...

air conditioned, ceiling fan, table & four chairs inside, 2 sun loungers on the deck, private shower, 2 complimentary float rentals; staff available to take drink orders; priority tender tickets; use of motorized cart for transportation.

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful photos! Thank you so much for sharing.

The snorkeling photos, are they snorkeling at the Princess Cays? If so, approx. where? Near the bungalows or another "easy to find" spot?

Beautiful photos! Thank you so much for sharing.

The snorkeling photos, are they snorkeling at the Princess Cays? If so, approx. where? Near the bungalows or another "easy to find" spot?

Snorkeling is in front of the bungalows. There is a stairway to enter and exit from. Swimming is farther down the beach.

I used to always rent a clamshell on HMC. I'd prop up the back on my tote bag, which let a little air flow in. Last time, I just tendered over early and walked way down the beach and found a lounger in the shade. Since we'll all have priority tender next week (!) at Princess Cays, my plan is to get over there early, head down toward the cabana area and stake out some loungers under the palm trees. Looking forward to it!

• 1 month later...

Can someone tell me about the Picnic/BBQ area? How many areas, just one? How far from the swimming area and what type of walk is it, hot, up hill, rocky?

I ask because my husband has mobility issues and we are traveling with our mothers. And when we stopped one year at Half Moon Cay it was a LONG, HOT walk.

Can someone tell me about the Picnic/BBQ area? How many areas, just one? How far from the swimming area and what type of walk is it, hot, up hill, rocky?

I ask because my husband has mobility issues and we are traveling with our mothers. And when we stopped one year at Half Moon Cay it was a LONG, HOT walk.

The walk ways are bricks or concrete, the walk is a little bit of a distance. As for how hot, that depends when your there. Posting a map for you so you can see where everything is at, but it looks farther away than I remember. If you go right everything is very close :)

47a7ce30b3127cce98548aed88fd0000001010kAZuGzJizbsWLJw

Also here is a good site with photos and a video of Princess Cays: http://beyondships.com/Princess-PrincessCays.html

Edited by Ziggy7

I am just passing on info given to me, I have not gone over the bridge and eaten there. Also most of the island is pretty level, not hilly like HMC.

Hopefully someone who has been there recently can answer these questions as well :) If you rent a cabana (has a/c) they will drive you there, and they are close to restrooms and the food pavilion :)

I could swear there were small carts carting people around, like hayrides.

My dad has mobility issues as well, so I hope I am right. It could have been in Labadee....

Don't forget water shoes for Princess Cays. My kid sliced his foot really badly last time, and I cut my feet in a few places on the sharp rocks both in the water and on the beach as well.

Thanks Ziggy and Itchy-

I loved our time in Labadee-wished we could have spend 3 days there. But, Half Moon Cay was a terrible experience, but my husband's health had deteriorated at that time. I am hesitant about getting off the ship for Princess Cay. What I am thinking is have a BIIGGGG breakfast and everyone decide to skip lunch and eat when we return to the ship. Hubby tells me to calm down, but I don't him to be miserable and then the moms won't enjoy themselves. Never mind if either of our moms will be hot or not able to walk to the food.

Less than 40 days to worry about it. Thanks for the help!

• 1 month later...

Less than 40 days to worry about it. Thanks for the help!

were you on the same cruise as us, for Thanksgiving? :)

Dad did pretty good. He walks very slowly (5 herniated discs, a lot of pain), but he walked to and from the tender, and to the bathrooms/buffet. We usually go to the left of the tender, and the buffet is very close to the beach.

We actually set up the chaises right next to the eating pavilions, and Dad only had to walk about 30-40 yards to get food.

Tender boats were a bit shaky for him, but Princess personnel was helpful in holding him up to get on and off the boat.

P.S. Last time we were there was in April 2016, and the wind was blowing away from the beach. This time the smoke from the grills was covering the entire beach area, and I hated it. I got a headache and the smoke irritated my lungs.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Just a quick question, on Princess Cay, can the beach chairs be moved closer to the water, say near the waters edge?
The chairs are movable but not sure you can move them close to the water in the swimming area, the other shore area is very rocky. But maybe someone who has done it will reply :)

Just a quick question, on Princess Cay, can the beach chairs be moved closer to the water, say near the waters edge?

When we were there, there were plenty of loungers right at the water edge on the sandy beach to the right of tender dock when looking at the island from the water. You could drag them wherever you wanted.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a question about locks on the Bungalow doors. Do they lock or do you just put your stuff in it and leave while you are out on the beach?
They do not lock but no one bothers them. You dont need to bring valuables off the ship, just sign and sale card anyway.

When you get off the tenders, if you go the right and cross the bridge (which looks like it's a no-go area) and walk past the official Princess area, there are some nice smaller tide pools to explore. It was pretty deserted on that side when we were there earlier this month, and more relaxing than the left side.

For the person who asked about a party bungalow for 25, I don't think there is anything like that BUT the bar on the left side holds probably about 40 and was near empty. You could likely take that over as long as you were buying drinks.

If you want a souvenir, there are shops BEHIND the Princess area where locals have booths. Cash only, and you'll need to have photo ID to enter/exit the Princess gate. Please don't barter - the $2 you might save means a lot more to Mary the hat seller (excellent! a lot of help, and very kind) than to you.

• 1 month later...
Is there a smoking area?
Yes the ship will advise you of the areas, but most bars are outside and I had only seen restrictive signs by the eating area. But it has been a few years since I was there :)