The "cribs" on the Magic

*Jen*

I'm trying to decide where my 2 year old should sleep next month on the Magic. He's still in a crib at home, so I'm hesitant to put him on the sleeper/conversion sofa bed by the verandah, even if there are rails. Are the cribs actual full size cribs, or are they the size of Pack N Plays? He's far too tall for PNP, so we may have no choice, unfortunately.

Anyone mind posting a picture of the converted sofa with the bed rails?

Thanks!

The ribs are small like the PNP ones. My Dd had one for her baby and I saw it.

The sofa pull out bed doesnt have rails its the pull down bunk bed over the couch that has rails so nobody can fall out. At least I have never seen any rails for the sofa bed.

When our grandson stayed with us for a night to give his parents a break we just asked for extra pillows to snuggle close to him and put the blankets around the pillows so he couldnt roll off the sofa bed.

Once the pillows were wrapped in the blankets it looked like a big soft log on both sides of him and it worked great.

Perfect--thanks for the info!

I didn't realize there was a difference between a sofa bed and the pull down bed! I've never been on a cruise, so I assumed the sofa converted and then "fourth" bed was the only one that folded down. Now I suppose I should figure out which we have in our room! Is it by category or by room number or both? Or does it say online if I log into the disney site? Or do all rooms have a fold down bed above the couch?

Perfect--thanks for the info!

I didn't realize there was a difference between a sofa bed and the pull down bed! I've never been on a cruise, so I assumed the sofa converted and then "fourth" bed was the only one that folded down. Now I suppose I should figure out which we have in our room! Is it by category or by room number or both? Or does it say online if I log into the disney site? Or do all rooms have a fold down bed above the couch?

It is only specific categories that have the pull down bunk bed but I am sorry I dont remember which it is. You can go to the DCL site and look at the room categories and it will give a description of the room for you.

I know we have had it twice in a room with a balcony. But also had many balcony rooms without it.

All the sofas fold down, just make sure your host knows to fold it down for the baby. Its easy to do yourself but its nice to let someone else do it for you, after all its their job. They will make it and put it back to a couch everyday when they make your bed too.

The fold down sofa on DCL isn't your typical sofa bed. It just sort "flips" over and turns into a twin bed. One side is still against the wall, and the top and bottom are still raised with the sofa ends. With two bed rails on the open side, it's sort of like a HUGE crib anyway. My 18 month old at the time slept fine in this and he wasn't out of his crib yet!

we cruised on the magic in 2008 when our daughter was 6mths old and the cribs are the travel sort, now she is nearly three and sleeps in a bed at home but we did wonder where she was going to sleep when we cruise next month we have decided the bed sofa will do and as someone suggested stacking pillows either side i am sure the host will provide them if you ask him/her at the begining of the cruise. are you sailing on the magic on the 9th september ?

we have been lucky to be upgraded from a cat 8 to a cat 4 so we now have loads of room. if you have any questions about the magic and crusing with a youngone let us know and we have done it twice once with dcl and once with rcl.

• 2 weeks later...

When we cruised with disney - we had a pack and play crib. But the next time we cruised our littlest (2 at the time was out of the crib. We put him on the sofa bed and if I remember correctly they had a little strap that you could use to strap them in as well but if they are a mover that really won't help. It wend over their waist somewhere in the middle of the bed kind of like a highchair strap. we used it the first night but he kept wriggling out of it so went with the pillow blanket method like a previous poster.

• 3 weeks later...

I might be able to find a picture of the fold down bed in the veranda room, but ours was made up for a teenager and had no rails of any kind. It looked very much like a regular twin bed.

We only had 3 people in the room so we never saw the berth that opens over the couch. They keep it locked up if you don't need it.

As for the veranda, it has a sliding glass door that locks. You shouldn't have any problems with safety in that it isn't possible for a toddler to getup at night and get out that door. I would think it would be more an issue of whether your child would find the couch bed twin too different from what he/she was used to to feel secure sleeping there or whether he or she would roll over and fall on the floor.

Honestly I think the best option would be to contact Disney with your specific concern. It's quite possible that they have already thought of this and have a way to set up the twin bed with rails. I was pretty impressed with how they seemed to customize for whoever was using the room so I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't already have a solution.

Archived