Flounders during a port stop--anyone done this recently?

*Jen*

Has anyone here left their child(ren) on board during a port stop and left the ship? I know the pagers won't work, so what exactly happens if there's a medical emergency? I assume they just go with the standard care you sign in the waiver and you find out when you get back on board?

I know most people are really against the idea of leaving a toddler or young child on the ship...but I'm not really looking for opinions, just experiences. My opinion is that I don't want to schlep my son around Tunisia for three hours! :)

Has anyone here left their child(ren) on board during a port stop and left the ship? I know the pagers won't work, so what exactly happens if there's a medical emergency? I assume they just go with the standard care you sign in the waiver and you find out when you get back on board?

I know most people are really against the idea of leaving a toddler or young child on the ship...but I'm not really looking for opinions, just experiences. My opinion is that I don't want to schlep my son around Tunisia for three hours! :)

Just saw a story on TV over the weekend where this lady left her 8 yr old daughter onboard alone, was late coming back from port and missed the ship......:eek:

You have to do what you feel comfortable with, but I would NEVER leave a child onboard alone under any circumstances. If they could not go with me, then I wouldn't go either......JMO

Archived