Florida Resident Rate Discount

One note here, the FL (or CA or any other) discounts are not available on all cruises. Only, in most cases, the ones that aren't selling well.

:)

This makes sense. Is there a certain time period they introduce the discount, say 30 days prior to sailing?

Florida resident prices are unpredictable as to when they are announced, but it does tend to be 45-60 days in advance. It is also more likely that they are available in the off season, especially starting in September and running up to about President's Day (February) before they start disappearing. There are a few sail dates in September, October and I think maybe even November available right now.

They are usually a pretty good deal for residents. Usually, Disney will also offer "category guarantee" rates for non-residents at the same time. While they are not as good as the resident rates, they do represent good value.

Every time I look for a cruise or I am just window shopping for one I always see rates for Fl residents. Plus the luxury of living here is you have so many ports you can drive to, what 6 off the top of my head; so lots of cruise lines and destinations to travel to.

Other bonuses are no luggage limitations and can go last minute (circumstances allowing) when one of these deals comes up.

Most lines give something whether it be a military rate/over 55/past cruiser/resident. I am delighted to say on some of the lines one of us can tick can all those boxes:D

• 2 weeks later...

We just booked the 4 day on the Dream on 11/11/2012 at Florida resident rates. We got the 'deluxe family stateroom with verandah' guarantee on Deck 6 for about 1/3 of the regular rate.

I think this sale runs til 09/16/2012 at the DCL website, use code FLR.

Gary, Fort Lauderdale

Just booked a Sept 23, 4 night cruise at FL resident rate. For a veranda cabin on The Dream I think it was a very good rate. Just over 50% off regular rate. One of the perks of being retired and living in FL! I can sail on a moments notice and take advantage of some fantastic rates. I could have sailed tomorrow but that was only 3 nighter and decided if I was going to take advantage of great rate I would prefer to take advantage of an extra day at sea. Not often you can sail a Disney ship for $115 a day!

• 2 weeks later...

The Florida resident rates are great. Just booked 4 night Bahamas cruise on the dream. For $85. Pp per night balcony category 5c.. We're going on the fantasy in January but just couldn't pass this up. Can't wait to see my grandchildrens faces when we enter that beautiful ship. They received one of their free calls from Mickey yesterday and were so excited. And so am I!!!!!

Great Rates right now for Floridians if you can snag one. I have received resident discounts in the summer and various times of the year, but this one is a doozy! We're doing an adult 4 night on the Dream and I think it will be a great time of the year to go.

Yes, Florida Residents do get a Discount on the Disney Cruise lines, but they don't offer the rate all the time. You have to continue to check the pricing to see when they have it. I booked a cruise in May 2012 for a trip in September 2012 and had to pay full price for the cruise. Well at the end of August I checked the pricing again and found that they offered a Florida Rate because I guess they had rooms still available. I was refunded 1/2 of my fare back as a price adjustment for being a Florida Resident. I have to book two rooms for my large family so my $3000 rate went to $1500 and I had a credit of $1500 waiting for me when I boarded (I could've also had them refund me in a check but choose to leave it for the trip) Was a great surprise and now I know to keep checking for the Florida Resident Rates. :)

Yes, Florida Residents do get a Discount on the Disney Cruise lines, but they don't offer the rate all the time. You have to continue to check the pricing to see when they have it. I booked a cruise in May 2012 for a trip in September 2012 and had to pay full price for the cruise. Well at the end of August I checked the pricing again and found that they offered a Florida Rate because I guess they had rooms still available. I was refunded 1/2 of my fare back as a price adjustment for being a Florida Resident. I have to book two rooms for my large family so my $3000 rate went to $1500 and I had a credit of $1500 waiting for me when I boarded (I could've also had them refund me in a check but choose to leave it for the trip) Was a great surprise and now I know to keep checking for the Florida Resident Rates. :)

Archived