Port of Civitavecchia transfer service - any experience

abbydancer2003

Hi all

This is going to be our first time cruising from Rome. We are looking at using the shuttle service that is available from the civitavecchiaport.org for a private transfer to the ship (Celebrity Reflection on September) from an airport hotel, and then a shared transfer with them to the airport.

Does anyone have experience with them? It seems very convenient and competitively priced. I emailed last night about creating a group for the shared return, and they responded promptly.

Thanks all.

Abby

Hi all

This is going to be our first time cruising from Rome. We are looking at using the shuttle service that is available from the civitavecchiaport.org for a private transfer to the ship (Celebrity Reflection on September) from an airport hotel, and then a shared transfer with them to the airport.

Does anyone have experience with them? It seems very convenient and competitively priced. I emailed last night about creating a group for the shared return, and they responded promptly.

Thanks all.

Abby

Please don't say that you are not spending a few pre-cruise days in Rome! Ask your Rome hotel concierge to arrange transfers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The below link will take you to the Rome port website which offers taxis authorized to bring to the ship for drop off versus stopping at the port entrance.

There is a free shuttle service that can bring you from the “Largo del Pace” information center to the ship docks as well. Hope this helps!

http://www.civitavecchiaport.org/transfer/

Thanks all. I still am looking for specific feedback on the port transfer services that Patan pointed to.

Also, because of limited vacation time, and the fact that both of us have been to Rome before, on this trip, we're just doing the cruise, with one night before and after.

We also get a free night at the Marriott at FCO airport, but will try to figure out how to get into Rome for afternoon sightseeing and dinner.

What do mean by competitively priced? they advertise $140 Euro for 2 people into Rome.

We paid $65 euro (w 5 euro tip) for two people into Rome. this was also a shared shuttle.

Update: OK, I see that price was for RT port to Rome and back. Never mind.

We also used Civitavecchia Cab Service. They were charging 29 euro to the airport.

Edited by dkata

Last year we used Rometaxi for a 6 pax mini van from the port to the airport. I recall that each couple paid either 50 or 60 euros, including tip. They were on time at the port, helpful with luggage, and made very good time to the airport. I would recommend them.

• 1 year later...
Abby,

I booked transfer with civitavecchiacabservises.com for upcoming cruise in October.

We would like to join you in transfer from FCO to Civitavecchia on Oct. 22 if you still have room. How do I go about booking it? Thanks, Pat & Richard. We are staying at a hotel nearby, but could catch a hotel shuttle back to the Hilton.

We would like to join you in transfer from FCO to Civitavecchia on Oct. 22 if you still have room. How do I go about booking it? Thanks, Pat & Richard. We are staying at a hotel nearby, but could catch a hotel shuttle back to the Hilton.

The post you quoted is from 2017. I suspect they've already cruised.

• 4 weeks later...

]Last year we used NCC airport for the transfer from Civitavecchia to Rome and from Rome to the airport .for two people the price was 70 and 50 euros respectively.We know the company for more times than we have used them.]They are effective, kind and formal.

Edited by Patxiartxandape