Norwegian Wedding Tips? Experiences?

Hello!

After a year of engagement (and a year of convincing...) my fiance and I decided to do a cruise wedding! After a lot of research, I think we're going to do a group cruise out of NYC on Norwegian. With that being said - does anyone have any Norwegian cruise line tips, wedding tips, or experiences? We're mainly trying to figure out WHERE/HOW to get married. I'd love to hear about where exactly you got married on Norwegian cruises (links to reviews would be great too!)

TIA!

Hello!

After a year of engagement (and a year of convincing...) my fiance and I decided to do a cruise wedding! After a lot of research, I think we're going to do a group cruise out of NYC on Norwegian. With that being said - does anyone have any Norwegian cruise line tips, wedding tips, or experiences? We're mainly trying to figure out WHERE/HOW to get married. I'd love to hear about where exactly you got married on Norwegian cruises (links to reviews would be great too!)

TIA!

Hi Tia,

Congrats, I am also a bride cruising on NCL out of NYC. We wed in 2018. We are not getting married through the ship, because their wedding package just does not suit us. We are getting married on St. Thomas through an Island coordinator. Aside from it's beautiful beaches we chose St. Thomas because its U.S. Territory, making the actual marriage process a little easier. We do not have to get married in court prior to leaving for our vacation. We can do everything on the island that day. I would suggest start with looking out the cruises that leave out of NYC. We don't have as many options as NCL ships leaving from Florida. Select the itinerary that you like, then Pick a ship you like, then narrow down the months that you like, or vice versa. It will be a lot simpler then you think. We chose spring because it's still chilly here and well the fall is hurricane season, and summer in NYC is already hot, we didn't want to leave the heat to go into the heat. I have consultant through NCL I can email you his information. He is absolutely great answers all of my questions anytime of day, he is really great.

Best of Luck

Crystal

• 5 months later...
Hello!

TIA!

Hope your planning is going well! We chose NCL out of NYC as well for our wedding next year. Have you worked out the logistics of getting married yet? We are actually planning on getting married in a private civil ceremony before the sailing but we did consider doing everything together.

Hope your planning is going well! We chose NCL out of NYC as well for our wedding next year. Have you worked out the logistics of getting married yet? We are actually planning on getting married in a private civil ceremony before the sailing but we did consider doing everything together.

Yes! This is exactly what we're doing. A *real* ceremony beforehand and the ceremony onboard being in name only, really. We have LOVED Royal Ocean events and we're excited for the symbolic ceremony.

When's your wedding date?

Yes! This is exactly what we're doing. A *real* ceremony beforehand and the ceremony onboard being in name only, really. We have LOVED Royal Ocean events and we're excited for the symbolic ceremony.

When's your wedding date?

Our cruise is 7/8/18 (can't wait). I'm loving Royal Ocean also - they are so nice and great about answering all my questions. I'm working with Tiffany, how about you?

• 5 months later...

Hey fellow brides!!

I am getting married on NCL Dawn out of Boston in September 2018 and am having concerns regarding hair/makeup day of (mostly makeup). Have you guys had any concerns regarding wedding makeup or am I the only completely vain person haha. :)

I am working with Tiffany as well, she has been wonderful :)

I’m getting married on the Escape on the 10/21/18 sailing and would love feedback on how your ceremony is! We are doing the “legal” wedding here and the symbolic ceremony on the first sea day!

Happy to! Just an update since I last posted about it: I LOVE Royal Ocean Events so far. I was having some issues where they were only offering me an 11 a.m. ceremony (which I really didn't want). We ended up talking to them and explaining how important it was and they moved mountains to get us an early afternoon ceremony. It was amazing.

I will also say that you get a day-of coordinator with your package and that is amazing as well. It's as simple as giving them a document with the timings that you want, the things that you want, etc. on your wedding day and they handle it ALL for you! I had no clue that the service would be that in depth and it's making me that much more excited.

We sail in just about two months so I'll be sure to give an update afterwards :) Happy planning to you all!

Hey fellow brides!!

I am getting married on NCL Dawn out of Boston in September 2018 and am having concerns regarding hair/makeup day of (mostly makeup). Have you guys had any concerns regarding wedding makeup or am I the only completely vain person haha. :)

I am working with Tiffany as well, she has been wonderful :)

What do you mean? The application part of the makeup or having the ship do it?

I am having my MOH do my makeup, but the ship do my hair. The way I'm approaching it is I am print a LOT of photos of what I want for my hair and bringing them to help them out. But I'm not worried. Most of Norwegian has been amazing, so I'm sure it'll carry over.

I'd talk with Tiffany if you have any concerns. I've been working with Jade and she's been great at abating any fears and answering any questions pretty quickly.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

I haven't been on here in a long while but we were married on Norwegian Jewel out of NYC back in 2011. It was fabulous and I actually wrote a review: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1462186

Since it was so long ago I don't know how relevant my info would be, but feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Dana

• 1 month later...

We just booked our wedding for August 2019 on the escape having a legal at sea ceremony.

Where on the ship are you having your wedding? We have been assigned amanat from royal events.

I would also refuse an 11am wedding.....I want late afternoon.

We just booked our wedding for August 2019 on the escape having a legal at sea ceremony.

Where on the ship are you having your wedding? We have been assigned amanat from royal events.

Hi! So, my wedding was on the Breakaway last week (eek!) and I have the plans to sit down and write a full review but I wanted to pop in and say: be insistent about where you want your wedding and when. Like I said: they wanted me to have a wedding at my time in the room I didn’t want, or earlier and in the room I wanted. I was (nicely) extremely insistent and I’m so glad I was - I ended up getting the Manhattan Room at 2pm and it was everything I wanted.

I saw the other bride on my ship later in the week who I’m pretty sure just took what they gave her and she had a 4pm ceremony in a very dark room. Definitely not what I would have wanted. I was SO glad I’m that moment I (nicely) insisted. (Let me insist on being nice...I’m pretty sure that was a big reason why we got what we wanted)

This is partially because I talked to someone else later in the week and guess what ended up getting moved out of my room at my time? A meet and greet! Not saying anything bad about those at all but I’ll be a little selfish and say that my wedding was more memorable and a tiny bit more important in terms of time and timing.

Additionally for anyone who reads this between now and when I write my review: don’t worry about the person who you talk to on the phone. It’s the onboard coordinator who will make or break your day (and they’ll sit with you beforehand to talk about it). Of course make the reservations you need to, but don’t stress about details until you meet with your onboard coordinator. Mine was AMAZING (more on exactly why later) and it almost didn’t matter what I talked about with the Royal Events coordinator with on the phone - since my onboard coordinator knew the ship better she had AMAZING recommendations I didn’t think of and she really knocked it out of the park. So don’t stress too much about that! It’s what happens onboard that matters!

• 2 months later...

We were also assigned Amanat.... She wasent very personable.. I sent a email last week and was told she's no longer with the company and we were given another coordinator.

We were also assigned Amanat.... She wasent very personable.. I sent a email last week and was told she's no longer with the company and we were given another coordinator.

ROE seems to be going through a bit of a re-org lately with wedding planners and turnover. I will say, my replacement coordinator ended up being much more efficient than my original.

• 4 years later...

Hello,

We are having our wedding at sea this February on the Escape and though most items are completed in planning a major topic is in question. 

Did your dj host your wedding? Cake cutting? Introductions? And so on?

Our coordinator is giving us the runaround stating it’s up to the dj. 

Quite frankly this terrified us that we will may have to ask a guest  last minute to give up enjoying the wedding to narrate.  

Hoping to hear your experience. 

Thank you