Celebrity Wedding Experience

When planning our wedding, I used Cruise Critic to review what experiences people had with Celebrity weddings. There wasn't a whole lot of information out there about Celebrity weddings (which is taken care of through The Wedding Experience). I thought it important to share my experience.

First of all, we wanted a small wedding: call it an elopement that we told people about. When we decided to marry, we wanted a destination/cruise wedding, so we knew that there would be less people attending and we were okay with that. We married on the Celebrity Silhouette in Fort Lauderdale.

I should preface this by saying this is my second marriage, and I had no interest in controlling every aspect of the wedding (flowers, favors, colors, etc.) Been there, done that, and just wanted an easy, elegant, stress-free wedding. We also didn't want to spend tens of thousands of dollars. We didn't have a wedding party, just our family and a few friends. It didn't bother me that we didn't know which room, or the exact time we were to be married until about 2 weeks before. I didn't upgrade to any extra flowers or decorations, and we had a small lounge reception for 17 people.

It was phenomenal. It was a beautiful, and touching ceremony which was completely taken care of by others. The officiant was a wonderful woman who sat with us and talked about the ceremony beforehand, asking us which readings/prayers we would like, and explained exactly how the ceremony would work. Everyone told me how wonderful they thought she was. The flowers were absolutely beautiful (I didn't expect anything much), I was pleasantly surprised. The wedding coordinators led us through the day without us having to think about anything. The reception was very nice with drinks and appetizers-we knew everyone there was on the cruise and were an anxious to start exploring and having fun, so we had a short one hour reception and let everyone go and have fun. We had the reception, then went around with the photographers afterward. We also were referred to as the newlyweds the rest of the cruise, with what seemed like extra attention and care through the whole cruise (bottles of congratulatory sparkling wine, red wine, chocolate covered strawberries, etc). It was a wonderful day, and a great cruise afterward.

We cannot think of any complaints about the day, as it was exactly what we wanted. If anyone has any specific questions about it I would be happy to answer them.

• 1 year later...