Parking in Galveston

gigem_aggies

We use ParknCruise 3 times (one more booked this summer) and have loved them. Option for "covered" parking, but you are actually in a building that they close and lock. And it is just across the street from the pier. We have in the past usually just parked and then taken our luggage across, but this year we will drop off the luggage and then park due to a larger party going. Oh and Gig 'em!

The VERY best place we've ever parked in Galveston is directly across the street and is very easy in, easy out and you can walk directly off the ship and straight to your car without having to wait on a shuttle. It is called Galveston Park N Cruise and the prices range from $42 to $85 depending on the length of your cruise and whether you prefer inside or outside parking. We've done it several years in a row - Galveston is one of the easiest and best ports to cruise out of. Have fun! :)

I've used Lighthouse many times. They have covered spots and a shuttle. You can find coupons on line. Easiest thing to do is drop your bags at the terminal first then park so you just have to hop on the shuttle with your carry on. They pick up you and your bags at the terminal on the way back. I don't care to try and schlep my way overpacked luggage across the street to the garage parking.

We've done Park n Cruise three times and always had a great experience. We went with 81st Dolphin for our last cruise and didn't find it nearly as convenient. Since our next cruise is only a five day, and we'll only be taking a couple of medium sized bags, we're doing PnC again so we can just roll our bags across the street.

We have been using EZ Cruise 3 or 4 times a year since they first opened. It is a great service. The same owners now have an indoor parking venue Port Parking that we plan to use on our next cruise. Go to their websites and sign up for email and they will send you discount codes.

If you or anyone in your party is a disabled veteran, it would be worth your while to park at one of the official Port of Galveston Parking Lots. Make sure you have proof of the VA disability when you park before the cruise, not after you get off the ship. They do have some brief paperwork for you.

-John Emery

We used Park N Cruise and loved it. Indoor parking at good price, directly across from the port, and we got a ride from the courteous attendant on a utility vehicle along with our luggage right to the porter area of the ship. Didn't have to worry about our vehicle being outside in the weather and it was in a secured building. Highly recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you or anyone in your party is a disabled veteran, it would be worth your while to park at one of the official Port of Galveston Parking Lots. Make sure you have proof of the VA disability when you park before the cruise, not after you get off the ship. They do have some brief paperwork for you.

-John Emery

Does it have to be 100%? My husband is 70% service related disabled.

We've used Lighthouse Parking in the past and have them reserved for our upcoming cruise in October. Benefits to me is they have coupon codes so you can get a discount over the list price. It's covered parking and getting to the terminal with luggage is easy as 1, 2, 3.

1. Park your car and pull luggage out of vehicle.

2. Shuttle will meet you at your car and driver loads your luggage into shuttle.

3. Shuttle drives you to terminal and driver removes your luggage (a tip is appreciated).

Hand off checked baggage to Porter and off you go through the terminal with your carryons.

We'll be using Park n Cruise in a couple weeks for the second time. Was very convenient the last time we used them. You can always drop luggage and party off at the pier then drive across the street to park if you have a larger party or limited mobility.

We've used Galveston Park n Cruise a few times & Lighthouse a few times. My preference is Park n Cruise, as it is completely enclosed parking and we just walk across the street to the ship. Lighthouse uses a shuttle & we've never had to wait. They didn't have covered parking when we used them, so car was pretty hot when we got in to go home. Having covered spots should make a big difference. Either one of them should work well for you, but with Lighthouse's shuttle, you will be dropped off at the pier & not have to walk across the street. I know I've seen the little golf cart at Park n Cruise, but not sure what the availability is for going across the street.

If you're staying the night before at a hotel I recommend The Tremont House or Hotel Galvez. They're sister properties. They have free long term parking at Hotel Galvez ans complimentary shuttle bus to and from the port.

We stayed at the Tremont House. We paid $18.40 for valet parking. We signed up for the shuttle bus at 1030am. We left the TH headed over to HG. They loaded our luggage in the shuttle and we were off to the port.

When we returned we called them and they were there within 15 minutes.

We're patient people and didn't mind the slight inconveniences to save $50ish on parking fees.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

I always just use Port of Galveston parking. Drop off family and bags at the terminal and let them get in line. I loop back to parking, hop on the shuttle with just my car keys in tow, then join them in line. Very easy. Reverse the order upon disembarkation.

• 10 months later...
We use ParknCruise 3 times (one more booked this summer) and have loved them. Option for "covered" parking, but you are actually in a building that they close and lock. And it is just across the street from the pier. We have in the past usually just parked and then taken our luggage across, but this year we will drop off the luggage and then park due to a larger party going. Oh and Gig 'em!

How much is parking

I did EZCruise last time, they offered $10 off a week, so was the best deal.

I also often use hotel parking. Holiday Inn always has free parking as do a few other hotels. I like getting there the night before and staying on the beach.

I just do whatever is cheapest, though last time i did the cruise and walk to my parking and one of the wheels on a suitcase seems now to have a issue, so i guess i didnt save any money if i wrecked my suitcase on that brick pavement crossing to the terminal.