Upgrade

manc

Can you still submit a request to up grade from one level to another. I can't find anything relevant on the website. I thought that for a fixed cost you could.

Thanks in anticipation of your advice and help

Yes, I believe so. It is $398 per stateroom if your request is successful.

The upgrade could be inside to OV, OV to veranda or veranda to CC suite.

I cannot work out how to post a link but if you search "stateroom upgrade" on the Azamara website that should direct you to the form to request an upgrade.

PS I see that CYNSport has now kindly posted the link.

Edited by workingtocruise-59
update

I agree, you’re much more likely to get an upgrade from inside to ocean-view or from ocean-view to verandah.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

But I think now so many rooms are now being discounted last minute and offered to the travel trade at give away rates, there are far less LCV upgrades being offered

But I think now so many rooms are now being discounted last minute and offered to the travel trade at give away rates, there are far less LCV upgrades being offered

Quite true, I regret to say.

I've made clear to Azamara my opinion that they should offer unsold (at or near final payment time) CC suites to top tier LCV members booked in verandas, not at $398 per upgrade, but at an upgrade charge that would keep Azamara whole, and then sell the vacated veranda staterooms to cheap consolidators and the like. I'd encourage other top Azamara cruisers here to express that strongly as well.

Few things anger me more than some first-time Azamara cruiser boasting how little he paid for a CC suite, air, hotel, etc., while I've paid more for my veranda...and nothing else.

I totally agree with Marinaro's idea. I have watched an upcoming cruise have rooms dumped to consolidators and ridiculous prices and the inventory has gone to zilch. Even before the final dump prices came online I could see we were paying more for a balcony than they asked for a suite, so even charging the upgrade fee to us the line would have been ahead. Not surprising how many late entrants are coming to our roll calls!

I totally disagree with some of the posts here as I believe that there should not be a class system on Azamara as I believe some of the posters have said previously on these boards. Top tier LCV members already have an advantage others. If you really want a suite book one.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Forums mobile app

I would agree Belfastman, I had misread Marinaro's post, I wasn't expecting it to be only high tiers, but it should be managed by tier as currently happens

I think it should be applied as the upgrade is, in other words by tier to the category above how you have booked. So at the point of final payment date, the first approach is to upsell all the remaining rooms to the LCV members who have registered (and yes this is done in order of loyalty as just now) at a price just below they are offering it to consolidators, then use the $398 upgrade at a later date,

I book a room level I will be happy in, I just hate finding out that those next door or even in the bigger suites got a deal through the consolidator that is thousands less than I paid.

I would agree Belfastman, I had misread Marinaro's post, I wasn't expecting it to be only high tiers, but it should be managed by tier as currently happens.

Sorry. Didn't mean to imply that only top tier LCV members should get the offer. It should be done as now, where priority is given to those in higher tiers.

I totally agree with Marinaro's idea. I have watched an upcoming cruise have rooms dumped to consolidators and ridiculous prices and the inventory has gone to zilch. Even before the final dump prices came online I could see we were paying more for a balcony than they asked for a suite, so even charging the upgrade fee to us the line would have been ahead. Not surprising how many late entrants are coming to our roll calls!

Can you explain what 'consolidators' are and what 'inventory' is and 'dump' means please? I sometimes find it quite difficult to follow some of the words used on these threads. Sorry....

Can you explain what 'consolidators' are and what 'inventory' is and 'dump' means please? I sometimes find it quite difficult to follow some of the words used on these threads. Sorry....

inventory - stock e.g. left over unsold cabins

dump prices - the heavily discounted prices that are applied

Consolidators - buyers of cruise inventory in bulk (without customers to sell them to) who then through the internet sell these cruises back to travellers usually via newspapers or the internet. Cannot name you examples here due to restrictions by Cruise critic

inventory - stock e.g. left over unsold cabins

dump prices - the heavily discounted prices that are applied

Consolidators - buyers of cruise inventory in bulk (without customers to sell them to) who then through the internet sell these cruises back to travellers usually via newspapers or the internet. Cannot name you examples here due to restrictions by Cruise critic

In one case here in the US, the offers come via email about three months before sail date, offering air from a large number of North American cities, pre-cruise hotel for one or two nights, maybe a dinner and/or city tour, occasionally a post-cruise hotel, etc.

A year ago I received such an offer the day after booking an Azamara cruise on-board. The price, for the same cruise, same stateroom category, air and hotel, was comparable to what I had paid on-board the day before. Was not happy.

Thank you, everyone. I don't think we see these sorts of offers here in Scotland? We tend to book on board anyway.

Oh we do, as I say I cannot tell you where to look but google might be your friend

As Marinaro said, it can often be a bundled package, indeed sometimes they are required by the cruise line to sell the bundle that will include an extra the cruise line doesn't sell like an airport VIP pass, transport to the airport, and of course, air flight, extra hotel days abroad etc

They are fire selling two Quest cruises I’m on in June with very low interline rates. If they priced them more reasonably for everyone this wouldn’t need to happen and it would create happy customers all round. At least I know where all those available cabins suddenly disappear to.

Phil

Oh well - Carlos, Michelle, Sarah-Lou, Thabi et al have always served us well, so we will stick with them. I was just curious about the language used in the post. Thanks again.

Sarahlou and Thabi have both left Azamara. I’ve done plenty of bookings on the ship because there were some good deals to be had (listed on a sheet of paper the sales people had), but I’m afraid those deals and sensible prices don’t seem to be out there any longer.

Phil