All-inclusive unlimited drink package gratuities ?

smiles998

We have never sailed with MSC, and are considering getting the All-Inclusive Unlimited Drink package. :p

Can anyone tell me how they handle the gratuities? Do the charge a certain percentage up front, or do they tack in on to your account as you get your drinks? ... Also what percentage is the gratuity charge?

I always give a little extra above the auto amount as they work so hard to keep us happy....

If you have a drink package there is no service charge to be paid on your drinks included in your package. If you have any drinks not included in your package then the charge is 15% of the cost

There is the daily service charge / auto gratuity added to your account

On US sailings you can pre-purchase the Classic or Deluxe drink packages online and there is no gratuity added at purchase nor a gratuity when are on the ship and order a drink. If you purchase either drink package while on the ship there will be a 15% of the package cost gratuity added at the time of purchase. The very basic promotional Drinks On Us package now included on some sailings has a 15% gratuity charged to your account for each drink that you get while on the ship.

On US sailings you can pre-purchase the Classic or Deluxe drink packages online and there is no gratuity added at purchase nor a gratuity when are on the ship and order a drink. If you purchase either drink package while on the ship there will be a 15% of the package cost gratuity added at the time of purchase. The very basic promotional Drinks On Us package now included on some sailings has a 15% gratuity charged to your account for each drink that you get while on the ship.

Question...if I get drinks on us free and upgrade to deluxe drink package before sailing, would I get hit with the 15% ?