Anyone Fly Alitalia FCO-BOS?

MsAnnMcD

We were booked premium economy Rome to Boston. When checking my itinerary I saw the seats were changed. A call to Alitalia informed me that the plane assigned to the route only had 2 Class of service and no premium economy. I was offered "comfort class" economy seats 32A and C . I can't find it on any seat map!

I have learned they have 2 reconfigured A300-200 planes that were previously Air One. Concerned the exit row will have people standing in front of us waiting for the bathroom and won't have the extra legroom.

Also kind of curious if anyone else has been downgraded and if they got compensation. Thanks in advance!

We were booked premium economy Rome to Boston. When checking my itinerary I saw the seats were changed. A call to Alitalia informed me that the plane assigned to the route only had 2 Class of service and no premium economy. I was offered "comfort class" economy seats 32A and C . I can't find it on any seat map!

I have learned they have 2 reconfigured A300-200 planes that were previously Air One. Concerned the exit row will have people standing in front of us waiting for the bathroom and won't have the extra legroom.

Also kind of curious if anyone else has been downgraded and if they got compensation. Thanks in advance!

Alitalia can be a pill. We have flown MIA/FCO 3 times. Comfort seats assigned. $75 pp extra. Twice bumped. Took 2 months to recover payments. Forget extra comp. Premium economy is much more costly than comfort. They will refund difference.

BTW, the comfort seats near the bathroom (exit row) were never a problem with people standing in front of you. Only drawback was the constant opening and closing the bathroom door. And an occasional whiff.

Thanks Woody. Not sure how much they will comp since it will be based on full fare conomy. I still have premium on the way over and from Naples to Rome. I will put in the request but don't expect much. I just find the bait and switch annoying. My friends at the airlines call this right sizing of equipment :confused:

I would be asking this on the Cruise Air board. Lots of expertise and experience of flying and the various airlines there.

Didn't know there was one. Thanks CruiserBruce! I'll check it out.

When is your flight? Hopefully within the next 6 months as they are in bankruptcy protection. Have been since January I think. The Italian Gov just agreed to keep them going but anything after 3-6 months i may be nervous. Im flying with them in June but within Italy and was kind of concerned back in January but they apparently are suppose to be okay for at least 3-6 months still.

• 2 months later...
Books last August. Got nervous when they went bankrupt! Leaving within the next few days and back in a few weeks. Should be fine!

How was your flight? Flying with them in September from BOS to Naples.

Have flown Alitalia twice to Italy from Miami. Don’t care for that airline.. stewards act like you are bothering them if you ask for even a glass of water, I would fly anyone else if you can. But again that was 10 years ago, perhaps things have improved.

Just flew the Genoa - Rome - Miami route, and I was not impressed with Alitalia at all. The plane was very dated, musty, blah food. The attendants were not very friendly, although I do speak some Italian, they just seemed so annoyed if you asked for something.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have flown Alitalia twice to Italy from Miami. Don’t care for that airline.. stewards act like you are bothering them if you ask for even a glass of water, I would fly anyone else if you can. But again that was 10 years ago, perhaps things have improved.

Just flew the Genoa - Rome - Miami route, and I was not impressed with Alitalia at all. The plane was very dated, musty, blah food. The attendants were not very friendly, although I do speak some Italian, they just seemed so annoyed if you asked for something.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This makes me a little nervous about my flight in a month. Hoping for a good experience.