Captain Massa

thegraminator

Rumor has it that the good Captain Massa will be leaving the Seaside in June . Does anyone know exactly when in June ? Also, any idea of who it is that will replace him ?

Oh no! Say it isn't so. We sail June 30th and were really looking forward to meeting him.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can anyone who has recently sailed the Seaside and attended the Meet and Mingle party confirm that Captain Massa is moving off or the ship ?

In April, he told me after a break, he will be going to Magnifica. He didn't give me a time frame. The end of June will be 5 or 6 months on Seaside, so maybe his contract is up then. I wish we could do every cruise on MSC with him. He is the best!!

If the rumor is true, it will be Seaside's loss. Just returned from the Seaside and Captain Massa handled the loss of a crew member with the utmost professionalism & so much compassion. In all my years of sailing (30yrs and 35 cruises) I have never experienced such an emotional experience & the Captain was AWESOME!! He was very transparent and he took care of his crew and his passengers with great respect and regard. I would sail with Captain Massa on any ship that he took charge of.

If the rumor is true, it will be Seaside's loss. Just returned from the Seaside and Captain Massa handled the loss of a crew member with the utmost professionalism & so much compassion. In all my years of sailing (30yrs and 35 cruises) I have never experienced such an emotional experience & the Captain was AWESOME!! He was very transparent and he took care of his crew and his passengers with great respect and regard. I would sail with Captain Massa on any ship that he took charge of.

Well said. He was wonderful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, he is going to be Captain of the world cruise. We were fortunate enough to be Captain Marco's guest at a dinner last week and he told us, personally, that he would be gone for 119 days on the world cruise.

Yes, he is going to be Captain of the world cruise. We were fortunate enough to be Captain Marco's guest at a dinner last week and he told us, personally, that he would be gone for 119 days on the world cruise.

Oh what an awesome cruise that will be. Wish we were going to be onboard.

We met Captain Massa at a meet and mingle on a Divina Caribbean cruise last July and he and my husband became close due to their rivalry over their soccer teams. He was probably the most personable captain we have ever met. He had told us he'd still be on for the Divina's grand voyage in March and we were so disappointed to get on the ship and find he wasn't. (My husband had even bought a soccer jersey for Captain Massa's team!)

Marianne

Awww such a bummer, I was hoping to get to sail with him again. He's such a great captain, took such great care of us during the hurricane Irma cruise. We loved his accent when making announcements. Does anyone know who will be replacing him on the Seaside?

We met Captain Massa at a meet and mingle on a Divina Caribbean cruise last July and he and my husband became close due to their rivalry over their soccer teams. He was probably the most personable captain we have ever met. He had told us he'd still be on for the Divina's grand voyage in March and we were so disappointed to get on the ship and find he wasn't. (My husband had even bought a soccer jersey for Captain Massa's team!)

Marianne

Who is Captain Massa's team and who is your husband's team?

Awww such a bummer, I was hoping to get to sail with him again. He's such a great captain, took such great care of us during the hurricane Irma cruise. We loved his accent when making announcements. Does anyone know who will be replacing him on the Seaside?

Captain Francesco Di Palma will be his replacement.