New Drinks Menu

Riocca

Embarked Journey yesterday and there’s a new drinks menu, not everything is out in the bars yet but looks interesting. Unfortunately the included drinks have not been updated but I’ve copied the package flier to give an indication of what’s new. If I get a chance I will copy a menu at some time.

94bc34b4fce48577fc998aaf41ba00c3.jpg

3d2c4427fec20b32b2544fbb3711b522.jpg

New draft beer pumps have been added to the Pool & Sunset bars with Newcastle Brown & Heineken.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Riocca

4ac7aadbc94a5f9c1b3797f24dba99b0.jpg

This is the complementary list and Newcastle Draft is included. Copies of the new menu to follow, drinks marked with “p” are Premium and “u” Ultimate, some drinks that were previously on the Ultimate package are now chargeable. Prosecco cocktails are all chargeable.

I am one very unhappy newbie. Between the time that I booked this cruise, paid in full, and now ... our cocktail of choice went from included to not included.

This was one of the deciding factors in our choice to try Azamara. This is just not okay.

I am one very unhappy newbie. Between the time that I booked this cruise, paid in full, and now ... our cocktail of choice went from included to not included.

This was one of the deciding factors in our choice to try Azamara. This is just not okay.

What is your cocktail of choice? Azamara bar staff have always been good at creating cocktails that are not included from the included alcohol. We could ask what is possible.

We’ve still to discover actually what is possible, the Prosecco cocktails are priced at $7.95 but not marked as on the Ultimate package which looks wrong. As we have a lot it OBC we are Ultimate for this cruise so will be experimenting as we think it’s our public duty [emoji16]

So -- can I ask for a Mojito made with the INCLUDED rum on my Cuban intensive cruise -- or can a Mojito be made ONLY with the PREMIUM rum so they can charge me for it?

In the past we have had Mojitos made with the included rum without any problems, however it does depend on the bar staff and with Pursuit coming in August there are a number of new bar staff. We will ask the bar manager for her view, which ship are you on? We are currently on Journey.

I only looked briefly at the previous included cocktail list and figured there was enough to keep both of us happy. Can someone tell me what has dropped off the included cocktail list?

Quite a lot by the look of things - Long Island Ice Tea, Mai Tai, Manhattan, Martini, Old fashioned, Planters Punch, Rob Roy, Rum Runner, Sea Breeze, Tequilla Sunrise, Tom Collins, Whisky Sour.

I noticed that there is no mention of tonic (fever tree or other !) on the complimentary list, does this mean that you now have to pay for a gin and tonic ? Very disappointed that a Tequila Sunrise is now chargeable. On the whole this seems another retrograde step by Azamara . Prices go up and quality goes down. I am begining to think that Celebrity offers better value these days as most of their offers seem to include a drinks package.

Tonics are another issue, yesterday the only Tonics out were Seagrams but Schweppes appeared today, no chance of Fever Tree I’m afraid [emoji45] although we do have sufficient stock courtesy of British Airways. Mixers and soft drinks are always included that’s why they are on on the menu.

Quite a lot by the look of things - Long Island Ice Tea, Mai Tai, Manhattan, Martini, Old fashioned, Planters Punch, Rob Roy, Rum Runner, Sea Breeze, Tequilla Sunrise, Tom Collins, Whisky Sour.

I noticed that there is no mention of tonic (fever tree or other !) on the complimentary list, does this mean that you now have to pay for a gin and tonic ? Very disappointed that a Tequila Sunrise is now chargeable. On the whole this seems another retrograde step by Azamara . Prices go up and quality goes down. I am begining to think that Celebrity offers better value these days as most of their offers seem to include a drinks package.

If it is true that all those cocktails mentioned are now chargeable and no longer available on the included list it is not just a retrograde step it is a diabolical rip off.

Edited by Bloodaxe

Just a thought - Whiskey Sour is off the complimentary list, yet Jim Bean remains on the list. So effectively you are paying for a shot of sweet and sour mix? That can't be right.

Bonnie

Can we get an official head office confirmation. Can we have cocktails made with the included beverages. I drink long island iced tea for example but that has disappeared from the included menu. There are several other of my favourites that have gone. If it is policy that bar staff can still be asked to make them for me with the included spirits, that is fine, if I am at the mercy of how it is viewed onboard, it is not and is yet another retrograde step.

Bonnie

Can we get an official head office confirmation. Can we have cocktails made with the included beverages. I drink long island iced tea for example but that has disappeared from the included menu. There are several other of my favourites that have gone. If it is policy that bar staff can still be asked to make them for me with the included spirits, that is fine, if I am at the mercy of how it is viewed onboard, it is not and is yet another retrograde step.

Plus 1

We have not cruised Azamara for about 3 years, after doing at least 6 cruises. We have, in the last 2 months booked the so called Baltic/ World Cup cruise. We understood what drinks would be available within the included package, if that has now changed, then I am thinking this will be our last Azamara Cruise. This is not because I am desperate to sample those included cocktails, although a couple that I like are now not included, but I hate being ripped off, conned and that is what this seems like! I booked expecting a certain product, if that has now changed, then I am not a happy bunny, and will take my precious hard earned pounds elsewhere!