Perast or budva?

Hello,

We are arranging a private tour in Kotor (4 adults). This will be our first time in Montenegro.

Our ship is in port from 10:00am - 7:00pm (back on board by 6:00pm)

We have a choice of tours which include: Perast and Kotor which is 4 hours or Perast, Budva and Kotor which is 6 hours.

While part of both tours is in Kotor Old Town, we would also like time on our own before heading back to the ship.

We are photographers and enjoy the cobblestone villages more than landscape photography.

Assuming we are off the ship and on our tour at 10:30am, the 4hr Perast, Kotor tour will give us an additional 3+ hours in Kotor Old Town before getting back on board.

The 6hr Perast, Budva, Kotor tour will only leave us 1+ hours in Kotor, but part of the tour includes Old Town.

We do not plan to walk the walls or hike the trails in Kotor.

Which would you recommend based on our interests? Is Budva a must see? Since part of the tour includes Kotor, is an additional 1+hrs enough time on our own?

Thanks for your help...

Perast and Budva are in opposite directions from Kotor. (30 minutes to Budva, 15 minutes to Perast. Budva is a more interesting town than Perast. Perast is very pretty, but the main attraction is taking a small boat trip to the Our Lady of the Rock island, which you might not on the longer tour. You will be sailing past it on the way to Kotor.

Thanks for the reply Marazul and mentioning we will pass the island. Since Our Lady of the Rock is not that interesting to me, I think a photo passing it will be just fine.

:-)

I just got back from our cruise which made 2 stops in Kotor. I did the 6 hour tour you're talking about that included Budva on our first visit. I loved Budva and wish I could've stayed longer. It's a great tour that'll show you the beauty of Montenegro. Perast is very small and didn't take long to get through, but happy I went because I got some great pics. We had a lot of time at the end of our tour to stay I'm the walled city before heading back to the tender. Make sure to bring a backup battery for your camera!

Sent from my iPad using Forums