top suites included liquor

procter

To follow on from "included drinks " thread.

In "the good old days" top suites got full size bottles of good quality rum, whisky and gin.

This was downgraded to standard varieties and then to half size bottles.

I now see on 1 UK cruise site they are offering a "whiskey" .

Is it scotch?

and a bottle of vodka.

Additionally on discounted cruises they are offering a choice of vodka OR whisky.

I know I am not allowed to name sites but this one is a very cold one.

Those who know will probably guess it.

Can we have confirmation from HO what the ongoing situation is.

Thanks.

Are you talking about a travel agency site or the Azamara site? If it’s a consolidator offering as I think you might be talking about they can be more or less than the standard offering- just like charters are- in return for different pricing structure.

You should direct your question to the agency.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Procter, for as long as I’ve been sailing on Azamara they have always been 4 x 37.5cl bottles. The whisky in the cabin is Johnny Walker Red. The vodka is Stolichinya (used to be Absolut). The gin in Bombay Sapphire. There’s also a bottle of Bacardi Gold (used to be Pyrat). I’ve always been successful in swapping one brand for another of them. I don’t drink rum.

Phil

Thanks uktog,

Not 100% sure if they are a consolidator but they are bundling airfare/hotel in the price so probably but certainly a new twist if butlers have to check(how would they know) who you have booked with.

Procter, for as long as I’ve been sailing on Azamara they have always been 4 x 37.5cl bottles. The whisky in the cabin is Johnny Walker Red. The vodka is Stolichinya (used to be Absolut). The gin in Bombay Sapphire. There’s also a bottle of Bacardi Gold (used to be Pyrat). I’ve always been successful in swapping one brand for another of them. I don’t drink rum.

Phil

I drink,rum and vodka. I swap out the Bacardi for another rum . Not sure which vodka I get,no gin ir whiskey in cabin as I do not drink them,

Phil

That's exactly what we got in April on Quest. As usual, our butler was happy to swap rum and vodka for more gin.