Orion skipped the Orkneys...why?

We have an interest in the Nordic Passages trip for next year, and wonder if anyone knows why this year's trip skipped the first stop (Orkney, Scotland) and stayed in the Norwegian fjords instead for the first couple of days? The ship caught up with the itinerary in the Shetlands......but why skip the first port in the itinerary?

• 2 weeks later...

Ship decided to stay in fjords in Norway because of storm in seas between Bergen and Orkney's. Lost two days of time in first three islands. Had abbreviated schedule in Shetlands and Faroes. Caught up with schedule in Iceland. Chose this trip because of visits to the Orkneys and Faroes, so disappointed to say least. Otherwise good trip. Iceland is amazing.

Ship decided to stay in fjords in Norway because of storm in seas between Bergen and Orkney's. Lost two days of time in first three islands. Had abbreviated schedule in Shetlands and Faroes. Caught up with schedule in Iceland. Chose this trip because of visits to the Orkneys and Faroes, so disappointed to say least. Otherwise good trip. Iceland is amazing.

Thanks for your answer. I was afraid this was the reason as my main interests are also the Orkney's and the Faroes. I agree- Iceland is amazing, especially the North.

Edited by janetcbl
Typo