Off topic: What does DH mean?

vyness

Globoliser answered another post that I placed concerning this same subject on a different thread. It worked...It's great. Guess it really doesn't take much to make me happy. :D The good part is that you can do a lot more with your threads.

Try this:-

• Go to your User CP
  • Go to Edit Options
  • Go to the bottom of the page
  • In the penultimate option, change from Basic to either Standard or Enhanced Interfaces
  • Save Changes

The next time you try to post, you'll see "Smilies" to the side of the text entry box, in addition to the "Post Icons" below the text entry box which is what you're seeing at the moment.

OceanDreams

• 3 weeks later...

;) when i need to translate the lingo, i just find someone into im (instant messaging); they know ALL the trix!!! and i didn't do anything, but now i can use 'smileys' in the text, when before, only in the title!!! bt i AM technologically challenged; but it's covered by the ada!!! :p

• 1 year later...

One cruising MILF that I know might get a smile when she sees this. Please don't you all start a thread on MILFs...J might need to, but not the rest of you!

I'm just glad that I know what a DH is now...this DH is cruising in 8 days!!!:)

• 4 years later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I too had NO idea what DH meant - I had to throw it into Google search! Also, if I may say, I really don't like the over use of acronyms on these boards or anywhere in fact, as I find them to be a bit exclusive, clubby - as in, if you don't know what they mean, then you are not a part of us - only those who are "cool" or "in the know", know what they mean - is the sense that the over usage gives off. I mean, really, how hard is it to type 'husband' vs 'DH'? Plus, CC vs cc - I think that means Cruise Critic vs credit card. Also, TA vs ta - Trans Atlantic vs travel agent? What's the point, really, in all of these acronyms that depend fully upon context if not to give the new, the uninitiated, a feeling of not truly belonging, not being fully welcome - a bit like college fraternity hazing? I pledge here and now to not use acronyms on CC - oops, er, I mean, Cruise Critic - ever again!:o:o:o

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...