Carribean Sea conditions - what to expect?

Hi,

I am new to carribean cruising.

Planning to cruise on July 2019, didn't decide yet whether to go for east, west or south carribean.

Ignoring the probablilty for Hurricane in this season, I would like to ask:

How are sea conditions in July in terms of how you really feel the ship "moving" while sailing one of the biggest and newest vessels?

Is there a significant difference for this between east, west of south carribeans?

How are sea conditions and waves compared to Mediterannean cruises/ Baltic cruises, etc.?

Thank you

Unfortunately there is no way to give you an answer because everything is dependent on mother nature. I find that there is much less motion on the smaller, older ships because the wind does not have such a great impact.

My experience has been that the seas are calmer in summer than winter, but there can be rough seas at anytime of the year, so it is unpredictable. My experience also has been that I have felt less movement on the larger, newer ships. Most all ships sailing now have stabilizers, which does help. If you are subject to motion sickness, book a room on a lower deck towards the center of the ship. This tends to reduce the sensation of any movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums